Music By Jason
January 20, 2020, 01:10:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marshland Recording  (Read 5394 times)
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2005, 03:06:54 AM »

I have a minor announcement that I thought some people on here might find interesting. Smiley

On the weekend I attended a recording session for a piece of mine, titled Marshland Paths Through the Mist, written for harp and two flutes.

I actually wrote it last year, but the recording made of it really sucked (it was rushed through as part of a collaborative project, and my piece was hurried through in a dodgy classroom with a ticking clock, arg!).

So on Sunday I had it recorded properly in the studios at the Con (and thankfully there were no ticking clocks!). I think it's a damned high quality recording, too. My wonderful studio recordist is Naomi Ham, and she is awesome! Have a listen and see what you think.

If you scroll down to the bottom of my website, click on the mp3 icon next to the title Marshland (or right click on it, and Save As).

Let me know what you think.

And to credit everyone involved in the recording.

Composer: David Vaughan

Harp: Domenica Musumeci
Flute 1: Catherine Gregory
Flute 2: Claire Weller

Engineer: Naomi Ham
Assistant Engineer: Matt Barnes

Mixed by Naomi Ham

These performers (all students) were a dream to work with -- very professional and enthusiastic, and Naomi, of course, is always a godsend, and I am always very pleased with her recordings!

She's still a student, also . . . in fact, everyone involved in this (myself included) are students.

I will post more pieces that I get recorded, if people are interested.  Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: