Music By Jason
September 21, 2017, 06:56:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WoW Cinematic Lyrics  (Read 79001 times)
APPOCALYYPS3

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2006, 02:09:54 AM »

The MPQ archive doesn't contain the trailer soundtrack. Sad( :cry:

ROM ROMANIA!!!! and i have a lot of grammar problems (i'm only 15 yrs old Cheesy) I hope you understand what i'm writing Cheesy.
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2006, 06:04:24 AM »

Hmm, that's a really good point.

Damn, it's seems that the classic Blizzard music syndrome has struck again: if you don't have the Collector's Edition accompanying CD, then you can't legally listen to all of the music.

I have an idea . . . let's all meet in Irvine -- it's picketting time!

APPOCALYYPS3

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2006, 07:52:12 AM »

Cant he PM me, or email or something, yahoo ID? pls  :cry: . All the games i own aren't original, they are donw. using oDC, and i dont think it matters, if i sends me an email containing the name of it. And one more thing, besides the Wow trailer, i can hear the music in a TV commercial about Startrek (in Romania). I'm really desperate to hear the full music without the sounds in the trailer.

On every game i install (that contains License Agreement, bla bla bla), i don't read the License Agreement... too much to read... besides i can't fully understand it 'cause it's in english Cheesy

Melda do you know the name of the soundtrack?

Something that you don't know about me: I'm just a kid, 14 years old.

(i hope you understand what i wrote  Cheesy )

ROM ROMANIA!!!! and i have a lot of grammar problems (i'm only 15 yrs old Cheesy) I hope you understand what i'm writing Cheesy.
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2006, 08:05:17 AM »

Appocalyyps3: I think you misunderstand what I was trying to say.

It would be illegal to promote or encourage in any way the unlawful distribution of protected content, and while that might not concern you as an individual, this web site cannot afford to be held responsible for endorsing such illicit activities.

The best I can do is recommend that you find a copy of the World of WarCraft Collector's Edition accompanying soundtrack CD, and look for the track Seasons of War, which is the trailer/opening cinematic music.

Sorry I could not be of further help.

APPOCALYYPS3

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2006, 08:52:48 AM »

But that was all i asked: The Name of it, wich is Seasons of War.

Finnaly i found it. Man I live the song very much, i donwloaded using oDC, and also the other soundtracks (looks like i didn't need to buy it  Cool  :wink:)

Dondarion

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2006, 11:39:07 PM »

coming back to the lyrics of the warcraft 3 song "call to arms" i have to say that i dont know if the posted lyrics are somehow official but i think they re wrong in a couple of words and the translation.

i ll try make a guess :

Gloria (glory)
Honorifice bellium facio (honoring those who make war)

Animus (courage)
Bellium quod prodo (the war which delivers (us))

In Excelsis (??)(this is the word from the other translation but i dont hear such thing..maybe i m wrong though)

Precedo (to precede)
Bellator (the warrior)
Decerto (fight to the finish)
Defensa(re) (to defend vigorously)
Incurro (to raid/attack)
Invado (to seize/usurp)
(Gloria) (glory)

Desideratus Fatum (we want (our) destiny)
Desideratus Bellum (we wish for war)
sinetron2000

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2006, 10:34:22 AM »

Hi all,

I like Call To Arms a lot. I like this kind of music but I don't know what kind of music is this.

Please if anyone can tell me what is the genre of this kind of music ?
HappyFroggie

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2006, 07:26:48 AM »

Quote from: "Arkthus"
Quote from: "Melda"

corli terre, sabutare,

coa presto, matue,

fori terro, ventu safe

fenlere relari, coli coeli oa,

colare . . .

I hear this :

colicere, salutare,

coa presto, matuere,

foriceno, ventu safe

fenlere relari, toli celi oa,

volare . . .

Jason, help !

There are other lyrics later in the music, but I can't transcribe it, it's too difficult to understand

Hello nice people, I'm new around here as I found this forum while searching for WoW's mucic artist Smiley.
Let me wave a huge hi and bravo to Jason first, for the great emotion his music makes me feel. It's not so frequent in these fast-foodish musical creation days we live in. Again, be thanked deeply, sir.

I too am interested in the challenge to find out or better say , guess what the "seasons of war" lyrics are. Indeed, it will be harder than "A call to Arms" because of a much more present orchestral background.
Anyway, I gave it a try and unearthed my old latin dictionnary (keeping in mind what Jason himsel said earlier in that post about grammatical inaccuracy and such).

Here are my guesses for the first part :

1 *****
Prolicere (could be the infinitive form of prolicio, ere verb which means to seduce, tempt, entice, lure)

or

Pro bitere (from bīto, (baeto, bēto), ĕre = to go, to march)

2 *****
salutare

Could be an infinitive form of saluto, āre which have many meanings : to salute, greet, welcome, (more rarely) to say farewell and even to worship (gods)
Could also be a as in salutaris, e : which/who gives health, useful, favorable, which/who cures, which/who saves and even The savior(s).

3 *****
Quo aggressio battuere (to fight (back ? = repell ? or to fight for ?) the assault)

or

Quoad pretio battuere (to fight till the price/reward)

All this leaves us with many possibilities (and thus the mystery still is thick Wink ). Words following these first ones are even harder to guess, I will eventually post my feeling about them if I think it's worth it.

Any comments welcomed, musical Sherlocks Cheesy (but I'm afraid that if Jason doesn't give us any clue, this will be tough hehe)

Kind regards from France (oh and please forgive my ugly english !)
Sylvos

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2006, 01:40:04 PM »

hehehe... I'm impressed to see this topic is common among fans. It seems that some will not be grounded until they got the lyrics, full right in front of them.  Smiley

I still don't have a clue what makes it a big deal for Jason or Blizzard to give us the lyrics though.  :roll:
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2006, 01:42:06 PM »

For Jason? He could potentially be sued for copyright infringement.

For Blizzard? They're just paranoid, as all (most) game companies are. Tongue

But yes, I would dearly love to know what the lyrics are . . . however that attempt there is the most promising I have come across so far! Smiley

Sylvos

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2006, 01:47:39 PM »

Yup, you got it right bud. Though I can't see what makes it a viloation of the companies rights when you give those somewhat meaningless lyrics out. (No offense Jason, Just meant, it's not something that can be used to do something else... It's just... Choir lyrics!!)

Ah well... right, right... No can do. I agree with ya Melda, that attempt is indeed the most promising one so far.  :wink:
AltaSilvaPuer

The Town Fool

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2006, 09:50:59 AM »

Quote from: "Dondarion"
coming back to the lyrics of the warcraft 3 song "call to arms" i have to say that i dont know if the posted lyrics are somehow official but i think they re wrong in a couple of words and the translation.

i ll try make a guess :

Gloria (glory)
Honorifice bellium facio (honoring those who make war)

Animus (courage)
Bellium quod prodo (the war which delivers (us))

In Excelsis (??)(this is the word from the other translation but i dont hear such thing..maybe i m wrong though)

Precedo (to precede)
Bellator (the warrior)
Decerto (fight to the finish)
Defensa(re) (to defend vigorously)
Incurro (to raid/attack)
Invado (to seize/usurp)
(Gloria) (glory)

Desideratus Fatum (we want (our) destiny)
Desideratus Bellum (we wish for war)

I need to get a copy of "A Call to Arms", so I can take a crack at it; it seems like an entertaining challenge.  Does anyone know if its anywhere in the Warcraft III MPQ/files, or online for download, or where I might get it?  If its only on the CD, any ideas where to start looking for that CD (Don't think I can afford any collector's editions of games, at the moment, unfortunately).

I can look at the above words, though, and give a crack at translating, from the little bit of high-school level Latin II I've done so far this year.  I do know, though, that 'Animus' is mind, spirit, and that the plural (animi) can also mean courage.  To my knowledge, though, 'Animus' only means mind or spirit.

Another comment is on 'Honorifice bellium facio': Isn't the Latin term for war 'bellum'?  Or is bellium just an ending I don't know, yet?  I know 'bellum' (plural 'belli') is a neuter noun meaning war, and several of the various case endings, but that's it.

Well, if you guys can successfully pull the words out, I can help translate them.  I know Jason didn't intend any grammar, but there's still grammar inherent in the actual words in Latin.

-asp

"Inspiration may be a form of super-consciousness,
or perhaps of subconsciousness—I wouldn't know.
But I am sure it is the antithesis of self-consciousness."
- Aaron Copland
HappyFroggie

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2006, 07:32:52 PM »

Yes, if I remember well "bellum" is the right spelling  :wink:
Zavisza

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2010, 06:33:57 PM »

Quote from: Arkthus
Quote from: Melda
corli terre, sabutare,

coa presto, matue,

fori terro, ventu safe

fenlere relari, coli coeli oa,

colare . . .

I hear this :

colicere, salutare,

coa presto, matuere,

foriceno, ventu safe

fenlere relari, toli celi oa,

volare . . .

Jason, help !

There are other lyrics later in the music, but I can't transcribe it, it's too difficult to understand

Hello nice people, I'm new around here as I found this forum while searching for WoW's mucic artist Smiley.
Let me wave a huge hi and bravo to Jason first, for the great emotion his music makes me feel. It's not so frequent in these fast-foodish musical creation days we live in. Again, be thanked deeply, sir.

I too am interested in the challenge to find out or better say , guess what the "seasons of war" lyrics are. Indeed, it will be harder than "A call to Arms" because of a much more present orchestral background.
Anyway, I gave it a try and unearthed my old latin dictionnary (keeping in mind what Jason himsel said earlier in that post about grammatical inaccuracy and such).

Here are my guesses for the first part :

1 *****
Prolicere (could be the infinitive form of prolicio, ere verb which means to seduce, tempt, entice, lure)

or

Pro bitere (from bīto, (baeto, bēto), ĕre = to go, to march)

2 *****
salutare

Could be an infinitive form of saluto, āre which have many meanings : to salute, greet, welcome, (more rarely) to say farewell and even to worship (gods)
Could also be a as in salutaris, e : which/who gives health, useful, favorable, which/who cures, which/who saves and even The savior(s).

3 *****
Quo aggressio battuere (to fight (back ? = repell ? or to fight for ?) the assault)

or

Quoad pretio battuere (to fight till the price/reward)

All this leaves us with many possibilities (and thus the mystery still is thick Wink ). Words following these first ones are even harder to guess, I will eventually post my feeling about them if I think it's worth it.

Any comments welcomed, musical Sherlocks Cheesy (but I'm afraid that if Jason doesn't give us any clue, this will be tough hehe)

Kind regards from France (oh and please forgive my ugly english !)

2:22

Longe Sat (sufficiently, enough)

Condecore (ornamentally, decoratively)
or
Conticeo (to become silent)

Alacer -cre (lively, quick, swift, speedy, fast, attentive; careful, willing, eager, ready)

Benefico (to consecrate; to bless; to sanctify, consecrate)

Acie (blade, sword, battle, fellowship, eye, army, shrewdness of mind, acuity)
Michael B.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2015, 01:44:43 PM »

I just thought I'd say, I still enjoy this music Smiley It's timeless! 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: