Music By Jason
November 19, 2017, 06:10:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: orchestra conducting question  (Read 5367 times)
Simon

View Profile WWW
« on: December 22, 2004, 02:52:34 AM »

Greetings and salutations,

This is what this site was lacking, a forum. Smiley Great way to incoorporate a bit of interaction. Also great to finally speak with other people interested in your music. Smiley

Being a bit of a composer myself in my spare time I find this all very interesting. Smiley And I am so jealous of your specs that you mentioned in the interview WoW Guru had with you. Smiley I just own a few simple libraries myself.

You mention you worked with orchestras a few times, did you conduct?

So I'm Simon from the netherlands, signing in. Smiley

Simon
Jason
Game and Film Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2004, 10:58:22 AM »

Hey Simon, welcome!

I find it very exciting to conduct, but I've also found that it can be hard to get an accurate idea of what the performance really sounds like while doing so, especially if you've got to wear headphones too. So, I've conducted some of the time- for example, in Utah I conducted the orchestra and singers, but the time I was at Forte Music in LA, video-conferencing with Europe, it's not possible to conduct. This latest time in Glendora CA, I made it a point not to conduct so I could make careful notes and critically listen to what was going on. If you have a great conductor that understands what the music should sound like, and good communication during the session, this can be a great way to work. Or if you're going to conduct, having someone you trust in the control room to listen can be very useful. I've heard this role referred to as a "booth guy".
Simon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2004, 06:39:56 PM »

Interesting. Smiley

Must be quite a sight indeed. Smiley People never really go into it all, it's nice to see you taking a good look at things before it is wrapped. I remember some documentaries from Lord of the Rings in wich the director was always being that "booth guy".

Next time bring a camera and snap some shots for your site. Smiley Would be interesting to see. Tongue

Simon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: