Music By Jason
December 08, 2019, 12:42:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Film and Game Music Seminar  (Read 8933 times)
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2005, 03:22:22 AM »

Well, apparently I am a guest speaker at a Film and Game Music seminar at the Queensland Conservatorium this Wednesday.

I guess this means I had better do some research about the state of the industry, hey? Smiley

Edit: I was going to talk about Blizzard games, such as WarCraft, since they're the ones I'm most familiar with, and Jason in particular. What do you think?

Challis
Mosaic Competition Winner

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 07:19:55 AM »

Good idea,

Also mention the soundtrack to Prince of Persia, which is amazing btw. It's a fusion of live metal and semi-orchestral/spacial music that truly gives the game it's appeal and saturates it in style, which is one of the big selling points.

As an experiment, play the game with the sound muted, the fight sequences aren't nearly as exhilerating without the music.

Big fan of the game, and the music, as you can probably tell ^^
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 02:45:21 AM »

At this stage I already have what I'm talking about pretty much formulated with my head. However, I think I will stick to game scores that I know and love (such as the latest Blizzard ones, by Jason and company, Arcanum, by Ben Hogue, and Morrowind, by Jeremy Soule).

However, I will use your advice about the importance of music in games, with regards to fight sequences and . . . well, everything. Wink

I have a lot to talk about, and it's all buzzing in my head. So I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow. Smiley

Challis
Mosaic Competition Winner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 07:48:39 PM »

Good luck mate
hollow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 11:31:03 PM »

good luck Smiley

Hollow -
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2005, 02:53:46 AM »

Thanks!  Smiley

I just got back from the session, and I'm quite exhausted at the moment.

I'll post more later, when I've recovered a bit. Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: