Music By Jason
September 21, 2017, 07:07:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mod Projects Forum Information  (Read 9337 times)
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« on: August 06, 2005, 12:43:30 AM »

Hi there and welcome to the mod projects forum!

The primary aim and purpose of this forum is to bridge the gap between composers and mod-makers, so that mods might have the chance to receive custom music written for them, and so that composers of all skill levels may have the opportunity to work on game projects in a non-commercial context. It is a place for people to meet and discuss ideas, and to collaborate on mod projects.

Mods are game modifications, which are custom content developed by people not associated with the company which created the game. Mods can add to a game elements such as scenarios, campaigns, stories, models, units, sounds, and so on, utilising the game engine as a canvas from which to create new games from.

To be involved in projects or discussion, just dig in! The forums are here for people who want to work on mod projects, so feel free to chime in if you are interested in working on projects. Mod makers will periodically post information about their mods that they would like furnished with music, so composers interested should respond in the forums.

There is a level of procedure which is encouraged for mod makers to go through, that being contact me with information about the mod project, as well as directing me to evidence of work that has already been done.

This is to ensure that projects are going to be completed. There are many mod projects that have high hopes, a great team, and ambitious goals, but due to a number of reasons the project is abandoned along the way. Essentially the main prerequisite to being approved is that the project is mostly done, with only a few months of work estimated to go until completion.

Mod makers are free to ignore this approval system, but they do so in the knowledge that the composers will be aware that we have not checked it out for them first. The composers are obviously free to work on these projects as they wish, but do so with the awareness that the project may be in too early a stage of development, or may not be completed, for whatever reasons.

I am in charge of approving mods that appear to meet out criteria, but as I am not perfect, and the future cannot be readily predicted, Jason, myself, the other moderators, and the site cannot be held responsible for any work done on projects that are abandoned.

On a similar note, any work that the composers create for these projects remains the copyright of the respective composers.

One final note. Since both mod-makers and composers here involved in these projects are all working on a volunteer basis, it is expected that certain levels of respect and politeness will be maintained.

That is all for now. If you have any comments, queries, suggestions or trouble do not hesitate to contact any of the moderating team here (Adam, Tom Servo and myself).

Milldawg
Mod Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 10:42:45 AM »

I contacted a project leader and was informed that he already had a composer.  Should project leaders post in their thread, or maybe edit the thread name, when they get a composer so as to avoid unnecessary confusion?

b]Horatio Caine:[/b] The killer just made his second mistake.
Yelena Salas: What was his first?
Horatio Caine: Murder.
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 09:58:11 PM »

Hmm . . . I was not aware that any of our mod projects had found any composers yet . . . very interesting.

Well, if a project have found a composer, then I think they should probably post as much in their forum.

In fact, I'm considering that we actually change the guidelines for this forum so that it encourages public posting in the project forums, rather than keeping all communication via PM, which can result in what would appear to be 'ghost forums'.

Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005, 08:59:08 AM »

Okay, we've discussed it (Jason, the other moderators, and myself), and agree that communications regarding projects should be more in-forum, rather than personal messages.

Of course, that doesn't mean you need to discuss every detail on the forums -- email, PM and chat clients are more effective, usually -- but we are encouraging discussion in the forums to more accurately reflect the kind of activity levels there are here.

I have edited the welcome post to reflect these changes.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: