Music By Jason
September 21, 2017, 06:48:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Moonlight Path *Mathazzar*  (Read 89666 times)
bopeuph

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2007, 08:50:56 AM »

Ah, it was actually a bohdran (just for the general folk effect), which is an Irish folk drum. It's an instrument I was already familiar with as my dad plays one. The particular samples I was using for it are some a friend gave me. He had some ethnic instrument samples for Reason that he converted for me. I'm afraid I can't remember the original name of the make though. In any case, I found it pretty useful for the composition.

Bohdran, that's the oversized jingless tambourine looking drum, right?

Oh, and thanks for your support of the mod! Markus is away moving house I believe at the moment, but things should resume more steadily when he's around again. =)

No problem, I'm enjoying what little conversation there is at the moment.  I thought that someone should advertise, but then again, I'd rather a few that know what they're doing over many that just fill up the forums with crap.  Heh.

Nick
dannthr

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 27, 2007, 05:16:39 PM »

It's a kind of FRAME DRUM.

Frame Drums are very popular with primative cultures around the world but especially western Europe.

A great example of some Frame Drums at work in a filmscore is Patrick Doyle's Henry V OST.

If you're looking for a great FRAME DRUM, then I would suggest checking out Quantum Leap RA or Flying Hand Percussion (dist through sonivox).

If you're looking for a great TAIKO DRUM, which is different, I suggest checking out TSAIKO DRUMS.

zyko
Mosaic Competition Winner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2007, 01:38:55 AM »

It's a kind of FRAME DRUM.

Frame Drums are very popular with primative cultures around the world but especially western Europe.

A great example of some Frame Drums at work in a filmscore is Patrick Doyle's Henry V OST.

If you're looking for a great FRAME DRUM, then I would suggest checking out Quantum Leap RA or Flying Hand Percussion (dist through sonivox).

If you're looking for a great TAIKO DRUM, which is different, I suggest checking out TSAIKO DRUMS.

haha brother =)

fancy i run into you here
dannthr

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2007, 03:44:17 PM »

Hah!

Zyko!

Wassup, mang!

Markus
Approved Mod Maker

...the sun shall never shine again...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2008, 08:36:30 AM »

Heilza to all the new people and others as well \o .
Nice to see few new people lurking around these corners Wink

Not going to do much of any update information here now, but just
came to inform that we are STILL - yes, still waiting for our internet
to be installed on our apartment. It'll take maybe few more weeks untill we
get them running there, but worry not, for it'll be a blast of information when
we get at that point, I assure you Wink .

Much has been accomplished during my absence and things are looking really
good. I am sure our magnificent composers are flaming out new scores all the time,
of which even I am not avare of Grin .

Check back in a week or two, people. See you then again!

Markus Elo - Lead Designer // Founder.

"I am on my Path; on my Moonlight Path! Oh World, I'll dance on your Grave!"
Mail: weltanschlauung@gmail.com
MSN: icarasacht@hotmail.com
Business: Game modding & Development
Steven
Mod Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2008, 05:39:53 AM »

Just finished a new composition yesterday, it's called "Shape of the Sky". It uses a much more minimalistic form than any of the others I've written so far, and makes use of some new samples - some of which I made myself, including the staccato violins, viola and some of the drums =)

www.freewebs.com/filezupload
(see www.freewebs.com/filezupload3 for my latest work, for the Moonlight Path project)
Markus
Approved Mod Maker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2008, 09:54:21 AM »

The music just keeps coming, as much is the new content and addons in the
module coming along just as well Wink . I think people who follow this forum, should
jump right in to our Moonlight Path forums:

http://www.alchemysticaudio.com/themoonlightpath/index.php

There's more information, content and stuff going on than here.
So do register in and share your thoughts, whether you are a stranger or not Smiley .

Also, I am keeping this musicbyjason thread alive, but I can't promise to remember
this place all the time, since TMP forums are top priority for me...surprisingly enough ;p .

I will add some new content to these forums as well at some point. Hope to see you
people around!

Thank you,
Markus Elo.

Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2009, 12:44:02 AM »

As soon as I get back home next weekend I will be checking out this project's website; I can't wait to hear the music you've written since time last I checked. Cheesy

Markus
Approved Mod Maker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2009, 08:36:12 AM »

Thanks Melda, always appreciating your support!

Anyhow, I got some bad news, as my 3D-card has signed itself off, I can't concretely continue the module, but in two weeks
I will get money and purchase new one and continue with a rage of a monkey to work the module to the very extent of it!
At the moment I am making plot, character and dialog design all together, hoping to achieve the final outcome of all the content in
Part 1 and how they all evolve around the story!

When I got all updates ready, I will totally blast out a huge post here and on other sites with new screens, graphics, music, art, novel excerpts and what not!! So wait for some serious action ahead Wink .

That's all for now, hopefully this rouses up some interest even more around all communities and awesome people in them, especially
here!

- Markus.

Markus
Approved Mod Maker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2009, 08:01:02 AM »

The Moonlight Path - Announcement

Hail and well met everyone! It's time for some refreshingly great news, for I have been working hard with an upcoming ALPHA-Test for The Moonlight Path adventure! Though this ALPHA will be a separate story and has little reference to the actual TMP adventure ahead, it will give some insight of the adventure to come, how NPCs, quests, areas, etc. work. You might consider this more as a Tech-demo rather than a test. ALPHA will consist of two major City Areas, several indoor areas, voiceacting, original music by our composers, quests and stuff like that in a very atmospheric, lush and vivid City scenery.

I cannot give out any schedule as of when the ALPHA would be released, but if things go as planned, it shouldn't be too far away from release! It is all mostly dependant on our scriptor rather than on anything else.

Newsletter issue #20 will be soon sent forth and announced with a massive update coming along, as promised earlier, so more content should be shoving up. Just need to organize and think carefully what to release and all that.

Regards,
Markus E. - Lead Designer / Founder.

PS: Check latest 10 screenshots at http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-moonlight-path/images/city-of-splendours9

Markus
Approved Mod Maker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2009, 09:21:01 PM »

...Underneath the ice, something was moving; shades and figures, but he didn't know as to what they were.
Some of the smaller ponds were not frozen and he could gaze through the crystal clear water easily.
But still, beneath the waters surface, something stirred...in agony.

...he gazed deeper within the pond, reaching his hand carefully towards the moving shades underneath.
Soon, a small child's figure appeared from the depths and rose towards the now appalled man. Her skin, it seemed,
was pale and clothes torn so that she was almost naked. Several scars and stab-wounds were evident on the poor girl's desecrated,
even eviscerated body. He also noticed that her facial aspects were horrendous and that they shifted between natural and unreal.

...Whatever became the gruesome fate of these children, this was no way to leave this world.
A shrieking wail suddenly erupted in a chorus of torment from beneath the waters, forcing the man fall back in terror...

- The Mirror Waters

Darker, more brutal, violent and ridden with blood!
A new course of action has been taken with The Moonlight Path ALPHA module and the more violent side of the adventure is brought alive for all to see and feel! Oppressive mood and twisted sounds echoes throughout the damp and dismal halls that are filled with mutilated bodies of children and women alike, burnt corpses and hanged men! It is time to unleash the beast that has been in deep slumber for too long a time...

New content and updates:
* New profile page outlook
* 5 Wallpapers uploaded in 1920x1200 resolution
* 2 new music samples by Adam and Marius
* 4 New Interior Design screen shots
* Voice acting sample "Lament of Boromir" by Domien

Check the updates from the following links:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-moonlight-path/videos
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-moonlight-path/images

It's been a long while since any updates occurred here, so it's time to give you something new to feast on with. It's been a hard time for me struggling with the ALPHA stage, for I did encounter new problems with my computer and it messed the whole Toolset and Neverwinter Nights both totally,
so I had to make many things again.

But now that I have won my battles, it's time to get back into the furious vortex of design work for the module and forging the ALPHA stage into a solid piece. We still do lack a coder/script maker, so if anyone has any idea for a valid person to hop in and make the world of Moonlight Path alive, feel free to tell him about it and direct him/her towards me! Otherwise everything is going well both for the design and actual building of the module itself.

I have gotten help from fellow Finnish friends and together it's much easier to think and create thing rather than through the internet. There will be much to be done still, but we are hard working and whipping ourselves towards the solid outcome.

More updates coming along this week, keep a vigilant eye open and wish us luck with our massive endeavor!

- Markus

.and he would eventually walk through these halls; the Halls of Sin....

"...where even Angels feared to tread.."
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 09:23:45 PM by Markus » Logged

Markus
Approved Mod Maker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2009, 09:29:12 PM »

Hello and well met, for it's been AGES long since I last made my way here!
As always, I forget this place, but this was such a milestone for the sake of my project, so I had
to force myself to remember and return back here with plentiful news regarding The Moonlight Path story
that indeed has gone into ALPHA-stage production!

It will be an independent story, but has vital relevance to TMP story and players will learn much of what is yet to come.
I will give you another massive update soon enough, hopefully people are still alive in here to see the updates!

Best of regards,
Markus

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: