Music By Jason
October 23, 2018, 03:02:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Choral work on WOW  (Read 24416 times)
Arkthus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2005, 04:50:58 AM »

Is it possible to have the lyrics of the choirs that we can heard throughout the game ?

We can hear choirs in : "A Call to Arms", "Seasons of War" (intro music), and "Stormwind"

I'm not sure if we can hear other choirs in the game, but it would be really nice to know the lyrics and their meaning
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2005, 06:37:29 AM »

Yes, you are not alone . . . I would dearly love to know all of the lyrics.

Hopefully Jason can and will tell us -- but I don't know how he stands, copyright-wise with that . . .

Phényx

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2005, 04:36:05 AM »

Quote from: "Arkthus"
Is it possible to have the lyrics of the choirs that we can heard throughout the game ?
[...]
I'm not sure if we can hear other choirs in the game, but it would be really nice to know the lyrics and their meaning

I was asking me the question a few minutes ago Smiley
Is that true lyrics ? Words sounds like latin language but is it a real language or something that sounds like ?

Quote from: "Jason, in his interview"
I’ve also had the good fortune to record with live orchestra and choir a few times, which is a real joy! Most recently, I recorded with the 80-voice Long Beach University Chorus for the World of Warcrat Intro movie, and they sounded absolutely beautiful.

I was wondering if Jason also composed the lyrics, or if it was invented by the chorus members. If this is true words, are they directly related to the WoW universe ?

So much questions

:lol:
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2005, 01:46:39 PM »

At a guess . . . if they're not strange 'aahs', 'ooos', and other assorted non-words, then they're probably Latin derivatives.

And as for 'who came up with them' . . . in previous titles Jason has worked with Glenn Stafford in developing the texts, so it stands to reason that they may have collaborated on the texts for World of WarCraft, too.

Pheonix-IV
Approved Mod Maker

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2005, 05:34:03 PM »

They seem to be non words, ex: in the movie where Arthas owns the king in WCIII, one of the lines sounds alot like "Gloria, Ava'edus" and some other stuff. Which could well be strangely pronounced latin.

img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/Pheonix-IV/WormSig.jpg[/img]
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2005, 06:02:47 PM »

Quote from: "Pheonix-IV"
They seem to be non words, ex: in the movie where Arthas owns the king in WCIII, one of the lines sounds alot like "Gloria, Ava'edus" and some other stuff. Which could well be strangely pronounced latin.

As I said, 'Latin derivatives'. Doesn't have to be perfectly pronounced.

And Jason does use other languages, too . . . look at the cinematic at the end of The Frozen Throne, he uses Eredun as we pull back from Icecrown at the end (I think that's the place).

Mind you, sometimes just assorted sounds are as effective. Just thinking of the Orgrimmar music, with the growls.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: