Music By Jason
November 19, 2017, 11:54:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: musics of jason Hayes  (Read 34099 times)
Steven
Mod Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2005, 07:14:51 AM »

Base clef? :S
Well, I was intending to write the entire thing out, as in ALL the parts. But a fair part of it is really difficult to write down...some of the effects that the real choir achieves, and a lot of the ambient sections. So I may not necessarily write the whole thing. I've done part of the Arthus' betrayal section (2nd section in the suite). Even so, I think I'm going to wait until I get Garritan (which I only found out about because of these forums! Cheesy) before I continue. Hopefully I'll be getting it for christmas!

www.freewebs.com/filezupload
(see www.freewebs.com/filezupload3 for my latest work, for the Moonlight Path project)
Vinnie Johnson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2006, 01:39:06 PM »

i have the music of Warcraft 2

i think that it's really one of the best score of jason (and the video game unfortunely) Smiley

unlikely it's an old music of jason, can you make a release ?

the harmony in warcraft 2 is simple but the technic is really impressive.

i send the midi files : http://www.midishrine.com/index.php?console=mpc

(i have the original game)

Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2006, 01:44:59 PM »

Actually, Jason did not write the music for WarCraft II.

As far as I can make out, these were the composers throughout the WarCraft series:

WarCraft: Orcs and Humans - Gregory Alper

WarCraft II: Tides of Darkness - Glenn Stafford

WarCraft III: Reign of Chaos - Glenn Stafford, Derek Duke, Tracy Bush, Jason Hayes

WarCraft III: The Frozen Throne - Glenn Stafford, Derek Duke, Tracy Bush, Victor Crews, Jason Hayes

World of WarCraft - Jason Hayes (lead), and then I think Glenn Stafford, Tracy Bush, Derek Duke.

Hope that helps.

Vinnie Johnson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2006, 02:45:14 PM »

thanx !  Smiley

they are a lot of composers !  Shocked

Vinnie Johnson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2006, 02:18:27 PM »

but this man: Glenn Stafford, he has a site?

can we know more about this man ?

Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2006, 01:53:26 AM »

If Glenn Stafford has a website, then I am not aware of it.

I believe he may not feel the need to have one, since his aspirations are probably based within Blizzard. He has been with the company since the start of the WarCraft series, and I guess probably does not feel the need to go elsewhere.

Markus
Approved Mod Maker

...the sun shall never shine again...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2006, 08:01:59 AM »

Steven, hahah, great draw on listening the music
and then "Re-composing" it onto the sheets and play it out.
I do that myself alot, I am a cellist myself and that is both
efficient way in learning the instument and creating variations
of certain themes and scores.

Keep composing like that and let us hear your versions Wink

"I am on my Path; on my Moonlight Path! Oh World, I'll dance on your Grave!"
Mail: weltanschlauung@gmail.com
MSN: icarasacht@hotmail.com
Business: Game modding & Development
Steven
Mod Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2006, 08:16:20 AM »

Well if you really want me to, then I most certainly will ^^. I'll see if I can get a full piece written down later today...though I won't make any garuntees on the quality of sheet music. I can imitate the sound of other pieces, but scoring isn't a forte for me. If the software I use doesn't make the score look pretty itself as I write it in, then there's a problem. Perhaps if I make a midi, then someone else can open it in their own software and sort out the score. Hmm...

www.freewebs.com/filezupload
(see www.freewebs.com/filezupload3 for my latest work, for the Moonlight Path project)
scionic

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2006, 10:43:44 PM »

somehow i get Legends of Azeroth very similar to Clint Mansell's - Requiem for a dream main theme Smiley

i love the feeling when i listen that kind of sound
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2009, 08:11:44 AM »

Has anyone purchased the 'music of Blizzard' album(s) released by the Eloquence Symphony Orchestra? I briefly saw the ad on Blizzard's website, but haven't really looked into it further.

I'm guessing there might be some music by Jason available there, but that's only guesswork at this stage.

Does anyone know anything?

Vinnie Johnson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2009, 11:20:17 AM »

What do you think about my thought ?

Make an arrangement of warcraft 2 with my orchestra  Smiley

look my last song

http://vincent.gaume.free.fr/Site/Podcast/Entrees/2009/1/26_La_foret_2%2C_Pulsations.html

Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2009, 03:28:03 AM »

Downloading QuickTime now . . .

You should appreciate the sacrifice I'm making to hear this! --- I avoid QuickTime like the plague, normally. Tongue

Cheesy

Hehe

Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2009, 04:52:59 AM »

I know this probably isn't what you meant, but that piece sounds like it could belong in WarCraft II: Tides of Darkness. Smiley

It has a very similar quirky sound to it that fits WarCraft II.

I understand that it's a film score, but I just thought it seemed interesting that you posted it here in response to WarCraft II when it sounds like it could fit very easily into that soundtrack. Wink

In fact, the ability to create music that sounds like that could come in very handy for a mod project I know that's still kicking around . . . let me know if you're interested, and I'll see if I can get you in touch with them. Smiley

Sylvos

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2009, 02:07:57 PM »

Has anyone purchased the 'music of Blizzard' album(s) released by the Eloquence Symphony Orchestra? I briefly saw the ad on Blizzard's website, but haven't really looked into it further.

I'm guessing there might be some music by Jason available there, but that's only guesswork at this stage.

Does anyone know anything?

I listened to it. Yes it has some of Jason's works included but they're all available in their original composed format already on iTunes. The new recordings basically follow the same direction as any other re-recording works: The temps are never identical to the original recordings, orchestrations are dull (especially for StarCraft cues) and hardly reach the level of energy of the actual synthesized (!!!) recordings. In short, not really a hardcore Blizzard music fan's cup of tea, in my point of view.
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2009, 12:54:02 AM »

Wow, that's a real shame. Sad

I'm still going to check it out at some stage, but that doesn't sound encouraging.

I think I know what you mean without even hearing it, though; a number of film scores I've heard arranged for concert setting just don't sound 'right'. Probably because of the difference between drop miking and truly acoustic performances --- they're too very different beasts and music written for a particular type of performance doesn't always translate properly into an alternate one.

Well, those are my thoughts, anyway. Not that they're definitely correct or anything. Tongue

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: