Music By Jason
June 24, 2018, 04:52:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Underworld: The Legend of Nephthys *SnakeEyes*  (Read 28116 times)
desmasic
Approved Mod Maker

View Profile WWW
« on: August 12, 2005, 03:47:53 PM »

Underworld was my main project ever since I starting working on wc3 three years ago. This project's main focus has been to develop most detailed level design ever created for any other campaign, accompanied by totally unique gameplay where player controls the evil race and beings capable of doing anything... logically.

Since the storyline has to be refined and written before release in 3 or 4 months, I will post the rough story along with shots explaining few characters and basic idea behind whole game.

=========

WEBSITE

=========

UNDERWORLD: The Legends of Nephthys
'Nephthys' (pictured), a powerful Guardian creates her own galaxy (Nethilium) breaking away from other Guardians for more power. Being one of the three guardians in control of evil, she creates Underworld, and sets out to conquer planets in other guardians domains/galaxies to control their domains planet by planet slowly for millions of years.

Seeing the power fade away from some galaxies and recent death of a guardian due to lack of energy from his own planets forces other guardians to search for the traitor amidst them. Surely, Nephthys's plan is uncovered, and since guardians cannot kill each other directly, they banish her into her own domain by turning her into a lifeless statue. Slowly, Nethilium galaxy starts fading away, breaking away from other guardians completely, dead.

Before getting banished, Nephthys was on the verge of controlling another 'powerful' planet by creating war between Legion and races of that planet. When she was banished, the Legion was weakened and got defeated. But at the same time, she was able to 'trap' a part of her in the ruins somewhere in Azeroth. (Keeping it short) After millions of years, her son Samael has emerged as a powerful leader of fading Nethilium, and by forming a new race of Undead Elves and Naga called Nethilius (race), he is planning a complete domination of Azeroth, and resurrection of his mother at the same time to restore her crown of guardian and destroy others as well.

To resurrect Nephthys, Samael will first have to resurrect the 'Bridge of Eternity'. This bridge get's it's power from the prayers of thousands of races all over galaxies controlled by a guardian. Every guardian controls something like this in his own galaxy as long as he/she is alive. After the guardian dies, lack of prayer causes the bridge to.. die down. Samael is not a guardian, but he can channel the prayers to him to resurrect the bridge. He needs more followers from many planets to do this.

Controlling other planets should be easy, considering Underworld, is the only planet in any galaxy with many ancient portals leading to and back almost anywhere. To use these portals, Samael will first have to prove himself to his own race by winning all of the underworld (this you have to play).

This is the place where driven mad by the thirst of more power, Naga and Blood Elves made a pact with the devil herself (not him). All of this story is explained in game. This place is now called 'Nagananth Grounds', where undead Nagas in nethilius get their powers from.

========

More screenshots from the projects >>
Gallery, Location: Underworld
Gallery, Location: Shehtoor (small town in shehtoor)

========

MUSIC
I have already compiled a collection of music samples for my project along with the 'reasons' they are there for. I will be more than happy to send the samples to the person interested.

The music in Underworld is based around on some characters first, and then the environment they are in. Some darker characters (Like, Samael, Resiah, Nephthys) enter and leave the scene with their 'theme' songs. These characters are portrayed as pure evil in-game. As for the environments, I will be supplying enough screenshots to make it easier.

Also, there are 3 gameplay tracks which are used seamlessly in every map over and over. These maps will be played and explored by the player for hours, maybe even days. Music is calm, never get's loud or painful.

I am right now using 13 tracks in total for this project, and like I said, I have the samples ready to show exactly what I am looking for Smiley

Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 03:55:36 PM »

This project has approval, and Desmasic has achieved some level of fame/success with his previous mod projects -- Skeletal Rage was reviewed and released in an edition of PC Gamer.

Desmasic's level design are always most impressive, and having played through a demo, I must say that this should shape up to be an interesting campaign -- dark and epic.

desmasic
Approved Mod Maker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 10:50:52 AM »

I know I am posting this too late, but..

I am pleased to announce that Fernando Cavalcanti Jeronymo (SnakeEyes), has joined the Underworld project to compose some deadly music giving the campaign a welcome upgrade and feel it deserves. Make sure you visit his site to sample his work. The biggest problem with the project before was that I didn't wanted to ruin the whole campaign by using ripped music from other games or movies. Now this problem has been taken care of thanks to SnakeEyes. He actually sounds more excited to work on the project than me whenever I chat with him, which is a good thing Smiley

Special thanks to Melda (SA) for introducing me to Jason Hayes website, and forums. Excellent for modders looking for composers for their projects. Smiley

Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 01:53:34 PM »

That's great to hear!

Congratulations Des and SnakeEyes for being the first project on the site to show the system working!

SnakeEyes
Mod Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2005, 10:44:42 AM »

Hey! I am just posting to say the system works! No, I am not a bot!  

Jason, thank you very much for having such a great idea (actually a series of great ideas):

1 - Becoming a composer
2 - Composing great music
3 - Working with games
4 - Composing great music
5 - Opening the forums

I think this "matchmaker" process is very good... We can "browse" which projects there are open, talk to the developers, send in links to our stuff, its very efficient.

Right now I am working in the main character's theme... I already finished 2 songs of 13 (or 8 not sure yet) and the Mod maker is happy. I can't wait to try my hands on a trailer of the game, and even better, to play it myself when its done listening to my own music. I know I will be very critic but I will also feel a sense of accomplishment inside that will only force me to keep studying and trying my best so I can always compose quality music (I already feel like that).

Again, thank you very much Jason, and also special thanks to Melda, Adam and Tom Servo... They are all great moderators and they were the perfect choice for the job.

Maybe once all the songs are finished and the mod is released, after a while I think I will be able to post a link to the songs from the mod (we could even release a soundtrack haha) and post on the site. I think it would be cool (and would get me more mods to work on  )

Guys, you all rock!
Fernando
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2005, 03:21:46 PM »

Thanks for the words of appraisal.

I think it would be great to show some of what you've been doing on the project, and to discuss the topic and the music, if you don't have any problems with that.

I think getting some on-topic game music discussion would be an excellent thing!

Jason
Game and Film Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2005, 03:22:31 PM »

SnakeEyes-

Thanks! I'm very glad to see a worthy mod project get paired with a worthy composer here at the site Smiley I'm looking forward to hearing where you go with it!
Thanatos

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2005, 05:21:54 AM »

I second that opinion.  Smiley
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2005, 05:23:07 AM »

Yes! On with the show!

Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2005, 05:41:06 PM »

So . . . how about showing us some music?

SnakeEyes
Mod Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2005, 09:05:02 PM »

I will see what I can show here... Desmasic doesn't want too many people to look at the music before the game is released (which could take up to 6months at least on my part  :oops: )

I will talk to him, maybe I can put part of it (like a mix) or the score here.
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2005, 09:51:32 PM »

Ah, that is fair enough and understandable.

Hopefully he'll allow us some sneak previews, though.

Punisher_x

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2005, 01:40:06 AM »

Yes Desmasic let us get a taste the music can't be all to revealing to the storyline.
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2005, 02:03:55 AM »

Quote from: "Punisher_x"
Yes Desmasic let us get a taste the music can't be all to revealing to the storyline.

It's probably not so much the storyline being revealed, as much as exposing the end product well before its release. I guess.

However, I am hopeful that we might be allowed access to sneak previews, even if they are just one or two snippets.

desmasic
Approved Mod Maker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2005, 12:27:19 PM »

Ahh no, I have no problem with Snake posting tracks online. But I want to wait until tracks are all finalized and at least 98% done. Mostly cause I keep on pestering him to change some crucial elements every now and then, so the tracks aren't really ready yet.. at all.
But I assure you, I will have no problem with any posting when the time comes :wink:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: