Music By Jason
January 21, 2018, 04:55:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saga of Varimos *Milldawg, Steven*  (Read 94776 times)
Steven
Mod Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2006, 02:52:55 PM »

Go ahead, and use it freely. Cheesy Glad you like it. It is in fact dedicated to a friend, but I'm sure he won't mind you using it ^^
Oh, what changes did you have in mind for mystic?

www.freewebs.com/filezupload
(see www.freewebs.com/filezupload3 for my latest work, for the Moonlight Path project)
Freakazoid
Approved Mod Maker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2006, 09:06:08 AM »

I dunno, how should I say it,...hmm

It's too "mono", maybe add 1 or 2 more instruments? What do you think?

urrent projects:
-Saga of Varimos-
Interlude- 44%
Map 1- 47%
Map-2 - 52%
----------------------------------------
-WCIII: WOW-
--Curently on HOLD--
Steven
Mod Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2006, 07:59:17 AM »

Ah ok. Truth be told, the reason mystic is a harp duet is because I've never tried using harps for anything much more than a backgroundy thing. I'm also hoping to get the duet performed by some people who may be interested in it. But yeah, I can understand why it might not be entirely suitable for the game as it is. However, as it is not the kind of thing that turns up much in games there is the possibility that it could add to the originality. You might want to think about that Wink In other news, the site I'm currently using has run out of space to add more on it, so I have created a new site that I will link to the first. Before that, I need to wait for a seven day period before being able to add anything to it. Just so you know =)

(see www.freewebs.com/filezupload3 for my latest work, for the Moonlight Path project)
Freakazoid
Approved Mod Maker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2006, 05:17:45 AM »

try using http://www.ripway.com, 30mb of free storage,.. :roll:

urrent projects:
-Saga of Varimos-
Interlude- 44%
Map 1- 47%
Map-2 - 52%
--Curently on HOLD--
Steven
Mod Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2006, 07:15:37 AM »

My site already used 45 mb ^^
It's fine, I'll just make a new one and join them together. No problem. Just a few days of waiting. Besides, I'm quite busy with exams as well right now, so it's unlikely I will be able to upload huge amounts of new pieces before it's up =)

Freakazoid
Approved Mod Maker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2006, 05:10:45 AM »

So any new ones??

urrent projects:
-Saga of Varimos-
Interlude- 44%
Map 1- 47%
Map-2 - 52%
--Curently on HOLD--
Steven
Mod Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2006, 07:16:04 AM »

Well I've still been pretty busy with exams. But they're finishing soon, so I'll have the time and stuff to do more then.

Edit- there's only one more exam now (computing) so I have a bit more time now, especially after Monday. Oh, and I have got my new site up (it links to the old one)
www.freewebs.com/filezupload2
I will be putting pieces up here as I write them. Any pieces that are not under a soundtrack name (such as RKR, Ansiria, Saga of Varimos etc) are free to use. If you wish to use any of them, just tell me and I'll add them to the Saga list. Speaking of which, you wanted the Warrior's Song?

Steven
Mod Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2006, 03:49:21 PM »

Okay, well there's a new piece up on the link for Saga of Varimos. See what you think =)

Avaronald
Mod Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2006, 02:53:05 AM »

I really like your pieces, especially those for the Saga of Varimos. The Night Elves is full of mystery and the Calm Athmosphere is simply beautiful.  Cheesy

Steven
Mod Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: June 02, 2006, 04:05:48 AM »

Thanks, Avaronald! =) As I've posted in your section, I enjoy hearing yours as well ^^.
I've got slightly more time to work on my projects now, as I've said, due to the exams being over, so I the speed at which my projects goes will hopefully excelerate.  =)

Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2006, 12:35:15 AM »

It's great to see the networking and community going on here! Smiley

I must apologise for my absence lately . . . disillusionment with something and lack of decent Internet access have been hampering me somewhat.

At any rate, on with the review!

Calm Atmosphere

Oh, this is pretty. Me likes. Gorgeous, was my first thought, actually.

I'm not sure I really have much to say about this one. But it's gorgeous, and I will be playing it again and again, I'm sure. Smiley

Can you explain some background for the piece? I must say I am very curious to know more.

Steven
Mod Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2006, 06:57:04 AM »

Hmm...background background background.....
Well, I got a PM from Freakazoid asking for a piece that was to be like a traveling theme, quiet and smooth, and he also suggested using some woodwind instruments. So just from that description, I had quite a clear idea of what the piece was to sound like.
I knew that, for a relaxing kind of piece, a harp is always rather effective. So I used that, playing a kind of arpeggio. Then I also used a blowing instrument, in this case a Flute. After having chosen those two instruments, it occured to me to give the piece a vaguelly folky kind of feel, so that's where the violin came in, followed by the guitar. This piece is actually the first time I've recorded in playing a guitar, so that was fun ^^. As I was playing the guitar I couldn't resist putting in that little section that's fairly spanish/flamenco sounding. But I didn't want that to shine through too clearly, so I covered it up a bit with the harps. ^^
After that, I added a french horn out of nowhere, which I thought worked to add to the harmony, and then also some percussive instruments. The crotales (I think that's what they are called) are the small bell type noise that's heard. I thought they would add to the calm atmosphere of the piece.
So there you have it =)

Freakazoid
Approved Mod Maker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2006, 08:04:40 AM »

I'm also sorry for the absence, but i got some news!

SCHOOLS OVER! Atleast for 2 months :wink:[/b]

urrent projects:
-Saga of Varimos-
Interlude- 44%
Map 1- 47%
Map-2 - 52%
--Curently on HOLD--
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 30, 2006, 08:08:38 AM »

Congratulations. Smiley

May your holidays be relaxing and productive!

Freakazoid
Approved Mod Maker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2006, 03:41:14 AM »

Quote from: "Melda"
Congratulations. Smiley

May your holidays be relaxing and productive!

I hope,...

urrent projects:
-Saga of Varimos-
Interlude- 44%
Map 1- 47%
Map-2 - 52%
--Curently on HOLD--
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print