Music By Jason
January 21, 2018, 10:37:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Revival of the High Elves *Approved*  (Read 19389 times)
Daelin
Approved Mod Maker

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2005, 09:35:34 AM »

This project will attempt to revive a new race: The High Elves. The first step will be to make the new race playable in melee, balanced and with new units and spells.

We are working hard on it. A techtree (idea) is almost completely accomplished (two or three spells still needed and three abilities for a recently introduced here) and many icons for abilities have already been done. You can see the techtree and the icons here: http://one.fsphost.com/rothe/Techtree.html

And as for units and models, many of them are already in project. Almost all buildings are completed, requiring an UV and skin (UV will be accomplished in about a week and skins I would say in a month). And as for units, it may take a little more, since they will need animations as well.

The music I am requesting is 4 themes, which would fit the melee atmosphere, and which would go nice with the High Elves. If you need more info, I'd be happy to give them to you! Thanks for your time.

~Daelin
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 11:27:55 PM »

Hey, Daelin.

I'll have to check out your project first, and get permission from my project leader, but I may be able to help you out personally with this one.

How soon is the project going to be finished/released?

Edit: To explain further -- I have three four- to five-minute high elven tracks written already for Tufy's WarCraft III mod Counterstrike at Quel'Thalas over at SAmods.

If you're interested, let me know, and I'll ask Tufy if he minds.

However, you will probably have to wait until his mod is finished and released before using it in your own, though.

Just thought I'd point it out, though, since I might be able to help you out with some already-written elven music.

Daelin
Approved Mod Maker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 01:25:49 AM »

Hi Melda,

Well, let's say that I'm pretty ambitious about my project, have all the stuff unique, as in not taking from other projects. By now I had many opportunities to take some great units, like Armel's Warmage and Rommel's Illusionist. Both would've been excellent units for my project, but it's just that I have my pride, I want the things for my project to be made for my project.

I made the icons myself, and well yeah, it's true that I took two icons from some other game but because they were just perfect for it, and they weren't really from Warcraft... If you could help me personally with it, it would be AWSOME! And well, I really hope that you understand my reasons for not wanting the music from CaQT. You may consider me a fool for refusing.

And as for releasal, well, the sooner the better. Lol, just joking. Umm, the problem is that we still have a lot of skins not finished, and it seems that halo is still in vacation, but I have Pins ready to work for some. So, if you can and want to take part of our team, that would be superb. It would be cool to enter on our headquarters, tell your opinion about our work, maybe even come with suggestions if you like. Wink

If you really need more concrete information, please inform me and I'll see what I can do. And as for the CaQT, I only saw one link. Maybe you could provide me more, and that might change my decision Wink. Thank you for answering!

~Daelin
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 01:42:46 AM »

I'm currently too busy to take on any projects (other than the ones I'm already invovled in), so I will not be able to write any music for you.

I only offer this music because it's already created and appropriate for the task, but I can understand your desire to have completely unique music.

At any rate, here are the links to the music tracks:

Return to Quel'Thalas
Silvermoon Rising
Legacy

If you wish to have music written specifically for your mod (as opposed to using the material presented here), then we'll go through the usual rounds of approval (I'll have a series of questions for you, which I will send via PM).

Daelin
Approved Mod Maker

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 07:16:04 AM »

The themes are really good, but it's just that I'm stubborn. So, can we go by the usual rounds of approval... Wink Send me those questions please!

~Daelin
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 07:38:40 AM »

Okie dokie!

Check your PM.

Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2005, 12:57:12 AM »

After reviewing some of the work done on this project, I think it's a worthwhile endeavour.

The project has approval.

Eselbeus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2006, 01:44:37 PM »

This looks interesting.  I'd like to give it a try!

eann Branchfield
Composer
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2006, 04:03:19 PM »

Hey there.

If you're interested, contact the project leader via the email tab in any of their posts.

Let me know how it goes.

Daelin
Approved Mod Maker

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2006, 02:34:48 PM »

I PMd Eselbeus! I'll let you know. Wink Thanks again!

~Daelin
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2006, 03:14:39 PM »

Thanks for the update.

Let us know if he starts working on the project, and perhaps make sure we have updated links to your website/forum.

Daelin
Approved Mod Maker

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 12:58:37 PM »

Didn't receive a response yet, but I finally got a forum and site up. Here they are: http://one.fsphost.com/rothe . The project takes longer than I expected since I had to learn modelling and iconing myself, but now, I am struggling to do a lot of stuff myself, yet lately I got some fantastic teammates helping me with icons and concept arts. Smiley

~Daelin
Daelin
Approved Mod Maker

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2006, 03:44:24 AM »

I'd like to mention that project is advancing. Already all the icons for spells and abilities are finished. Check them out by accessing each unit from the techtree (yes, their display image appears as a "?" because we don't have unit models ready yet) and scrolling down to abilities & upgrades. Smiley

Moreover, we have started working at a campaign. The story is going step by step, we already have a terrainer waiting for us to finish with the prologue (very talented actually, 2-P). This project won't die, if this is what people might think. It was delayed by problems with the server, people coming & leaving the team, but I assure you that the current team is working hard, as you can see the ability icons and certain concept arts.

~Daelin
Daelin
Approved Mod Maker

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2006, 02:15:54 PM »

New update to the lore of the project. Now project contains a history and an administrative organization of Quel'thalas. Here are the links:

Triarchy of Quel'thalas
History of the High Elves

The project is advancing a little slow, but we are working at it. Smiley

~Daelin
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2006, 09:17:34 PM »

Hey there, Daelin.

Any word on the music front as yet? Smiley

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up