Music By Jason
February 24, 2018, 01:40:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome to the forums!  (Read 18323 times)
Jason
Game and Film Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2004, 07:26:20 PM »

Welcome to the forums! I'm looking for opinions on what you think would be interesting topics for discussion... so if you have any ideas, please post them here Smiley
Pyrobon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2004, 09:45:34 PM »

I think a topic where we could discuss a particular game or many games soundtracks would be nice! Sharing opinions of its music, lyrics and so on. We could start by a game where Jason worked Cool
ultrasam

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2004, 09:45:57 PM »

Hi Jason, I am a huge fan of your work and I think it is outstanding!!
About the possible topics, I think you can have discussions about your previous and future work where musicians of all over the world can give you opinions and ideas for your next jobs and maybe you can use it as inspiration or as collaborative work, which could be a very good use of the internet in you area of work.

Well If a have some other ideas I'll let you know.

Best Regards  :wink:
Jason
Game and Film Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2004, 11:20:14 PM »

The first two posts to the forums!!! How exciting... thank you both for kicking off this area with your great suggestions Smiley

I love both of these ideas, ultrasam and pyrobon. Coincidentally, I'm actually planning a type of collaboration on the site, which I'll go into detail about very soon...
MattSid

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2004, 06:07:36 AM »

Jason

It's an honor speak with you! :wink:

You are one of my favorite composer! at the same level of Ennio Morricone and Jan Hammer Cheesy

Oh...I don't have the words for the describe my feelings for your works...you must know only that I have heard for hours and hours your music  Smiley

Ok, away the sentimentalism! Cheesy

About the suggestions, for me too you can for example put online the lyrics and the history behind your works Wink

You are a myth!  :wink:

img]http://joypad.multiplayer.it/gtaitalia/nongta3/wowlogo.gif[/img]
joshrob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2004, 05:45:45 PM »

hi Jason!
hi all!

i've been here before about a year, or a year and a half, when the old forum was active.
pity i don't remember if i was here under my nickname Joshua, or my real name Jakub...

i've just downloaded the wow.intro movie from ed2k... heh, what can i say.? blizzard guys have always had talent to make great in-game movies :)
and the soundtrack...  is awsome!  [what a news for us all ;) jason's music fans :D]
the dynamic part with cellos (are these cellos?) when the nightelf is running through forest is, as for now when the movie is still palying in background, my favourite.

and now, as for me [and not only for me, i think],  the question is:
will the wow ost be in sale? :D
[sorry i couldn't hold myself any longer ;)]

recently i've realised, that buying a CD in amazon.com including taxes and sending it from USA to Poland is... cheaper then buying the same CD in amazon.de just one border away [cd's are damn expensive in europe :/]  funny isn't it? :)

anyway,
i'm glad this site's back :)
all the best,
Jakub

Anonymous
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2004, 10:31:09 PM »

Adam here. Love the site, man. How cool this is all going to be! I am really excited about the prospect of people being able to post their work on the site. It will be incredible to hear the work of your fans, and to network with composers all around the world! You rock, buddy. Talk soon!
 Cheesy

A
Anonymous
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2004, 10:36:13 PM »

ok, I'm Adam now instead of Keyzpro; thought I'd clear that up. :roll:
vanquish

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2004, 08:27:31 AM »

Hi!
I come from China.
When I enjonied World of warcraft's CG video for the first time,I were shocked Profoundly.Not only because there is seems good, but even have a good music.there have too many people will play this game because seen that.so how big is this musical contribution,we can discover.You make this film looked to even stimulate.
My English is not good,I just represent the Chinese player respects to you.thank you for your work and Marry Christmas! Cheesy
Jason
Game and Film Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2004, 11:02:24 PM »

Thank you very much, Vanquish!

It's great to have you here from China- sheng dan kuai le!
Lavarinth

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2004, 03:00:22 PM »

Hello, Jason, whom I coincidentally share the same first name. I'd be from the SAVAGE voice acting guild, if you remember in your recent interview Medievaldragon (apologies to him if I misspelt his name) mentioned our site among others of modding in the Blizzard community (although SAVAGE reaches out to any community, even professional). Just thought I'd drop by and say hello and hang around here every now and then. I sent you an e-mail a few days ago regarding an interview but no response, however, I'm sure you're a busy man these days.

- Jason "Lavarinth" Truxal
Administrator of SAVAGE (Star Alliance Voice Acting Guild)
http://savage.samods.org
Sylvos

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2004, 12:26:48 AM »

Welcome aboard Lavarinth! Well if you want to talk to Jason privatly you may use the 'Send Private message' stuff within this fourm, eh?

The more people come up to these fourms the more I come to think, that it seems that I'm the only one here in these fourms who doesn't have any professions or tallent in the music industry...   Sad

Yeah my profession is just listening to stuffs up and give my opinions! heh heh heh... Kindda useless member I am!
Lavarinth

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2004, 01:07:51 AM »

People get payed for that stuff, haha.

- Jason "Lavarinth" Truxal
Administrator of SAVAGE (Star Alliance Voice Acting Guild)
http://savage.samods.org
Sylvos

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2004, 02:43:11 AM »

Yeah, yeah. This is the perspective to the entire music fans. But I was refering to this fourm where everyone seems to be connected to music compose somehow. It makes a strange feeling to think that I'm the only one here who does not come up with musical talents. Savvy?  :wink:
CTM

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2004, 04:33:48 PM »

Hi,

Just dropping by. I'll try to do this quickly...I have a bad habit of making very long post going off topic every two sentences. I'd just like to mention that Jason's work, although always great, was pretty incredible in World of Warcraft. I believe it's harder - different if you prefer - to make MMORPG music because it tends to be repetitive and to grate on the nerves, thus you have to make a music that you can listen for long stretches...Anyway, I just wanted to say it was incredible. I've noticed you work with some choirs...Damn lucky people. We - the choir I am part of - never work with super productions or large projects. Not that it's entirely boring, our director has a very keen sense of music and very interesting concepts and ideas, along with the fact that he makes us sing pieces from very good compositors such as Max Reger, Benjamin Britten, etc...Ack...see, I disgress...

Well, very good job Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: