Music By Jason
September 23, 2017, 01:36:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Music from World of Warcraft  (Read 10110 times)
Arkthus

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2005, 08:49:56 AM »

Really huge congratulations to Jason for his work on World of Warcraft !

I discovered amazing musics !!!

I'm in love with "The shaping of the World", a really heroic and spectacular theme, rally fantastic !!!

But there is also the intro music which is one of the most beautiful musics I've ever heard !

Well I haven't enough words to say how much I love this music !

(I play as Arkthus on the french Khaz Modan server)
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 12:19:53 PM »

Yep, I'd have to agree -- I love that track, too.

I haven't played World of WarCraft, so I have no idea what context that is in, but for me the music sounds like 'the shaping of the world', as in . . . the Titans hard at work dredging out oceans, planting forests, crafting mountains -- that sort of thing. Making the world what it (pretty much) is today.

Like I said -- probably nothing like what it's usage in the game is, but just from the music alone it's what I think of.

Steven
Mod Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 04:09:39 PM »

I don't think shaping of the world is in the game...I think it was a bonus track released with the soundtrack.

www.freewebs.com/filezupload
(see www.freewebs.com/filezupload3 for my latest work, for the Moonlight Path project)
Sylvos

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 05:54:19 PM »

This is one of the absolute highlights of the album alone.

My guess here is that it's an outtake. Given its title, perhaps it was meant to be a loading screen cue but then got taken out because the development team was able to work something out that significantly reduced what previously may have been a considerably lengthy loading time.
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 08:07:47 PM »

I loved the quote of the "Desideratus fatus! Desideratus bellum!" part of the WarCraft III trailer soundtrack throughout The Shaping of the World.

And since it's not used in-game at all, I can continue to believe it's depicting the Titans shaping the world without the cold, harsh light of in-game reality ruining that for me. Wink

sacrenouille

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 08:04:35 AM »

This music was used as the Character Select page during some BC beta videos seen on youtube. Don't know yet if it was overdubbed music added by the video uploader or really a music temporaly implemented on the characters page.

My favorite from the original Wow album indeed.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: