Music By Jason
October 22, 2018, 08:38:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Black Book  (Read 9990 times)
Whitehorn

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2005, 08:34:50 AM »

Firstly, this post is to state that 'I will be needing someone soon'.  I am not yet at a stage to ask for a composer to begin work - I would not ask that of someone until I can confirm the project is soon to be released.  The fact is, there is still much work to be done.

Onto introducing my project; The Black Book is both a Mod and Campaign.  It's based within the world of Warcraft, but the plot, characters and races are my own adaptions of what exists.  
Two particular groups have been detailed and confirmed for the project, thr Rictus and the Kurgan.

The Rictus originate from a lost cabal of the Highborn who fled the Maelstrom. They took to a life of secrecy and studied the dark magics and death. Those of great power transformed themselves into undeath to escape their mortal bounds, and became liches. The weaker elves took roles of labour and sacrifice, serving in death as they did in life.

The Kurgan are a bellecosse race of humanoids, who honour battle and glory above all else.

Currently, I am working on the first part of a sequential campaign.  Each section of the campaign will be followed by a beta release of the multiplayer mod, updating it to include new content revealed by the campaign.

What I will be asking for is ambience and soundtrack music for both the campaign and mod.  When the first section of the campaign is near completion, if all goes well I will change this post to a state of 'Needing composer'.  For now it can act as a placeholder to preview the project and answer questions.
Milldawg
Mod Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 10:44:19 AM »

I'm working on Saga of Varimos but Freakazoid is never ever ever around, so "working" is hardly a reality.  Thus, I could probably try yours as well Tongue

I know you haven't requested composers yet but keep me in mind as an option Wink

b]Horatio Caine:[/b] The killer just made his second mistake.
Yelena Salas: What was his first?
Horatio Caine: Murder.
Whitehorn

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 02:36:50 PM »

Thanks for the quick responce!

I have about 30% of the terrain done, 20% of triggers and 10% of the models complete from tonight's work - for the first chapter.  I'll keep a progress report up here.
Milldawg
Mod Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 04:14:16 PM »

Even if your project were just in conceptual stages, I have no qualms against working on the project before it's finished (or started Tongue) because if you don't use the music, I can keep it for fun or use it somewhere else.  Just FYI. Tongue

b]Horatio Caine:[/b] The killer just made his second mistake.
Yelena Salas: What was his first?
Horatio Caine: Murder.
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005, 05:37:42 PM »

Hey, good points Milldawg. Rock on!

Whitehorn, when you want to go into active 'searching for composers' mode, just let me know, and we'll go through the approval rounds.

Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 11:35:17 AM »

Is this project still active?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: