Music By Jason
January 18, 2020, 10:11:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My compositions  (Read 13062 times)
Challis
Mosaic Competition Winner

View Profile
« on: December 24, 2004, 01:23:18 PM »

Hey all!

I'm a film student sudying in Britian. I love composing music, but don't have the kind of moneyflow that allows me to spend much on it. I write music for my own personal amusement and more recently for amature films. I'll post links to a few examples here, I'd love some feedback on them. Remember, I can only get hold of soundfonts, so don't expect the most fantastic thing ever.

Thanks in advance, here are the files:

The Barber of Belford
http://www.wutw.8k.com/bob.mp3 -  This is a score for a short film that my friends and I made. The storyline is basically about a man who shaves the faces of dead men before they are buried and goes mad as a result.

Wind up the Willows
http://www.wutw.8k.com/WUTWtheme.mp3 -  The main theme for a much longer film set in rural England, a story of bloodshed and murder amoung ageold friends. I am hoping to score the entire film (48 mins long as it stands  :? )

Under Rock and Stone
http://www.wutw.8k.com/underrockandstone.mp3 -  A piece I wrote for a Warcraft III mod for a dwarven race.

I am currently working on a much longer piece, so far it runs at 13 minutes long, I'm unsure of how long it will be. I will try and post a link to it so far for you all.

Thanks in advance, look forward to C&C

Cheers

Challis
Simon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2004, 03:44:32 PM »

Challis your here to? Smiley CÚst moi, Maglok. Smiley I remember filling some of that with some nice libraries. Smiley As always sounds great.

Simon
Challis

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2004, 07:35:06 AM »

Hey Maglok, nice to see ya. Yeah, I been working on that thing you did for me, it's 13 minutes long now, I'll send you it some time
Tony_G.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2004, 11:22:04 PM »

Challis, what program did you use to compose those? They're lovely Cheesy.

I have a free composing program, and I use it so much that I'm thinking of trying to upgrade. Yours sounds awesome Cheesy.

We have met the enemy and they is us!-
Challis

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2004, 05:13:39 AM »

I use cubase VST to compose, got a cheap copy when I did A level music tech

Thx for the compliment  :lol:
Michael B.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2005, 09:12:27 AM »

I have some compositions of my own (Just for personal enjoyment) but I do not know how to turn them to mp3 or even wav... I can only listen to them through a midi file or the program I use.  It's kind of sad, because there are at least 2 songs that are worthy of other peoples' ears.  LOL you should hear my first composition - absolutely ugly.  terrible chords and stuff, but it makes me laugh when I go back and listen to it.  So in short, if you have a good way to turn midi into mp3 easily, I'd love to hear it!
Challis

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2005, 09:14:51 AM »

Well, I dunno whether you've got a soundcard on board yur comp, all of mine have always had creative on board, so I would recommend using the waveeditor studio provided by that and just use a global record function. I'm sure there must be free wavestudios around on the internet if you search

Good luck getting them to work mate
Michael B.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2005, 09:32:46 AM »

I found a program called midi2wav but that only allows me to save 10 seconds of the song.  maybe I'll post the midi up here and hope your sound card is good and let you listen to them :p  I'll let you feel free to convert them  :lol:
Anonymous
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2005, 10:45:49 AM »

Hey Michael B., it might be a wise investment to go and get a better soundcard. Check out the smaller 'Gina' by Echo Audio (www.echoaudio.com), or the 'Mia Midi' by the same company. They sport 24/96, and allow you the capability to patch directly from the output back into the input, so you can play and record your stuff at the same time. Even if your midi software can't support audio, you can get a cheap version of Soundforge or something similar, and set up the inputs to record while you play through your midi software. Even on the project studio level, you can get some pretty sweet sounding and highly affordable gear. Good luck, hope this helped.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: