Music By Jason
April 20, 2019, 02:44:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally finished improved version of Jasons website  (Read 9758 times)
Vincent

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2005, 05:04:29 AM »

Hi,
After a while i got some spare time to finish the improved website for Jason especially  the news system check: http://img460.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cam10ux.jpg
So what does all this mean? I have connected the website and the froum much more then now. In my version of Jasons website you can post the news at the forum and it will be displayed on the main site also. You can also parse now the news from his website with a RSS Feed and at the left you see the latest topics from the board. Hope you like it. Now i need to repack all the changed files hope to get my hands on that next week.
Cheers Vincent

EDIT: Corrected some spelling and grammar mistakes.
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 08:10:09 AM »

Hey, that looks pretty good.

One thing, though . . . is there any way to change or remove the term 'blog', because I find it offensive.

Even 'news' would be better than 'blog' . . . or maybe even 'web log', if news doesn't work.

Edit: Also, 'blog' just looks so . . . amateur. Definately needs a different term.

Vincent

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 01:06:08 AM »

I can change all what you like. Smiley But earliest next week because currently i haven't any time to spare. But blog is the correct term in this case becuase technical seen it gathers the data from the board and has a RSS Feed like a blog. Smiley But everyone/many  use blogs currently becuase it's cool to have a blog so everyone/many == amatuer?! ^^ Tongue
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 06:24:17 AM »

I just hate the term . . . it's such an offensive sound . . . plus it's an unecessary contraction . . . they chop two letters off a word, and it's used popularly because people find multisyllabic words too difficult. [/rant]

Anyway, it would technically be a 'web log', no?

Jason
Game and Film Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 10:04:57 PM »

Wow- what can I say Vincent? What a wonderful unexpected surprise! This is awesome... thank you so much for doing this, and I would be thrilled to upload this very improved version of the site!
Vincent

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2005, 04:39:40 PM »

How it's going Jason quite silent here lately but nice to see you again Smiley . Also nice to see that you like it I have also some little improvements at the other parts of your website but the major changes are at the news system. I currently look for a free host wiht PHP and MYSQL Support to test the site on the internet enviorment because i have tested it currently only at a local server and have no idea if all will work like on my local server. For any recommends I would be thankful.

EDIT: Corrected grammar and spelling.
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 01:10:31 AM »

This is a really old thread, but I was wondering: has anything happened with this? Vincent? Jason?

Because the screenshot looked awesome. Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: