Music By Jason
November 19, 2017, 11:54:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is repsonsible for the music of Burning Crusade?  (Read 14521 times)
Sylvos

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2005, 06:06:07 AM »

Now that World of WarCraft: The Burning Crusade is announced, I was wondering if Jason's in for the music or is it a new composer?

I somehow beleive the music to the preview trailer of Burning Crusade was not Jason's work but maybe it was?

What do you guys think?
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2005, 09:23:07 AM »

I have not yet seen the trailer for The Burning Crusade, however a friend of mine seems to think that it does not use new music.

Which makes sense, since it's not a full-blown CGI cinematic which Blizzard are known for putting lots of effort in.

However, you do raise a good point with the composer angle . . .

Jason and Tracy have left Blizzard, leaving (I would assume) Glenn and Derek . . . does this mean that they will be using the two composers they have left (as I imagine an expansion will require a lot less music than the original game), will they be utilising other composers who work for them in other roles (such as Victor Crews who I think is primarily a sound guy, but he wrote that cool Orc track in The Frozen Throne), will they hire new music personel, or will they contract external people like Jason?

I really don't have a clue, so I'm just presenting possible options instead . . . however, if Jason were involved, I would imagine that they would want him primarily for the opening cinematic of The Burning Crusade, as his music is truly the staple Blizzard standard for their big CGI cinematics, since the days of StarCraft and Diablo II.

lilythmageborn

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 11:11:43 AM »

More than likely Derek Duke and Matt Uelmen will do any new music for WoW: BC
Primarily because... you will find that the artists for the most recently added tracks to WoW are by Derek and Matt (Battlegrounds music, Zul'Gurub music, Ahn'Qiraj music).  And I believe someone entirely different has done the tracks for Naxxramas.
But being as how Derek's music is more... "brutish"... I can probably see him doing the majority of Outlands music.  Matt Uelmen would probably do Quel'Thalas.
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 04:16:10 PM »

Truly? I did not know this.

Never played it, of course.

*curses Blizzard for releasing an online-only game, cutting out part of the fanbase*

scionic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 10:26:29 PM »

first post:)

i miss the touch of Jason spirit in Burning Crusade OST
there is totaly diferance in the sound right now:(
and the main theme of burning crusade is remake of Jason's  Legends of Azeroth
Sylvos

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 09:00:40 AM »

Music composed by Derek Duke, Matt Uelmen and Russell Brower.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: