Music By Jason
October 23, 2017, 09:43:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heart of Storms *Funkmaister*  (Read 42859 times)
Pheonix-IV
Approved Mod Maker

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2005, 05:08:11 AM »

G'day ladies, gentlemen and anything else that happens to be staring blankly at its computer screen at this moment in time.

Anyways, i'm here on behalf of Dmitry Rommel from Heart of Storms on the matter of music! Since i saw a few other SAMods projects around here, and the current music is, well, not ours. I figured i'd give it a shot now we have the open beta up and running.

The pre-story history stuff follows (skip this if your not interested.)

Chapter I: The Puppeteer

Millions of years ago the Titan Praxis shaped the world of Stygia into a paradise. He crafted a race that lived long lives and had an affinity for creation, which would later move to technological development. Little did the Titan know that in time this world will become the home for another being – one that existed soon after the very Order and Chaos of the universe began. None truly knew of its creation and purpose, aside from the fact that it enjoyed playing with mortal races, pitting them against each other just to entertain itself. The existence of the Puppeteer, as this entity was nicknamed, eventually resulted in the Burning Legion brutally assaulting it enough to make it pause in its machinations. Billions of demons have laid waste to the glorious cities of Stygia, while the Dark Titan himself unleashed all his powers against the Lord of Stygia. After a long battle Sargeras finally stood triuphant over the smoking remains of Puppeteer’s corporeal form. But the insurgent spirit of the ancient being only laughed at him, as even the Dark Lord of the Legion was powerless to cease its existence.

Stygia itself was drained of magic and left as a dead world. Sargeras continued with his quest for destruction and placed Mizrakh, one of his lieutenants, as the overlord of Stygia. Under his command, the corrupted Stygian survivors reincarnated their ancient civilization, developing advanced technology. Within millenia, their already dead world became completely hostile to any forms of life, as the air was poisoned by their machinery and the clouds blanketed the planet's surface into an eternal winter.

Blind with their triumph, servants of the Burning Legion fell easy prey to the Puppeteer when it returned to its domain. Mizrakh’s dark soul was destroyed by the ancient being as it placed itself with his body, becoming far more powerful that it was before the invasion. The Puppeteer has once again ascended the throne of Stygia. Its first goal was to reshape the corrupted Stygian survivors into its own race, a race of perfect machines of destruction who would follow it blindly and ensure that no longer any invaders dare to threaten its existence. Driven by this desire, its used its limitless powers in unison with remaining Stygian technology to form the most beautiful, perfect and deadly of the mortal races. Their flesh was replaced with cold metal that was immune to magic and invulnerable to blades and arrows, and their minds were merged them into a single collective overmind that would respond only to the commands of their master.

After ensuring its safety, the Puppeteer has turned to fulfilling the meaning of its existence – playing the endless game with mortal heroes as its toys. But eventually it realised it no longer had the power to do that – after the destruction of its corporeal form, part of its essence was consumed by Sargeras, making the Puppeteer unable to travel through the worlds without portals. It needed a new source of power. Such source was mentioned in the ancient Stygian legends, telling the story of another creation of Titan Praxis – something called ‘the Heart of Storms’. Although the legends don’t give a clue whether it is an artifact, a place or even a living being, the Puppeteer knows this Heart can provide enough energy to regain all its powers. However, the Heart of Storms is believed to be lost and forgotten…

…But what was once lost, should be found.

Unaware of the existence of the Puppeteer, mortals of Azeroth and Draenor make their own way in the world. Those such as Arnak Bladeweaver, an orc who became the chieftain of his clan by chance, but turned out to be a natural-born leader and a brilliant commander. Those such as Dayoma Rainsong, an elf-woman who has chosen the way of a sorceress, but had to sacrifice her feelings to follow it. Little do they know that they will eventually meet and then their lives will be changed forever according to their eventual destinies … or to their roles in the play directed by the Puppeteer.

Anyway, so far Rommel has about half of the models done (by my reckoning, he may have some he's hidden away without telling me.) And we have the Shadow Elves, the first race, pretty much done, missing only a few building models.

HoS's atmosphere changes quite a bit, as you travel all over Azeroth and Stygia. For example, one part of the campaign takes place in Silvermoon, so some nice cheery music is appropriate. Theres a few chase scenes too. We also need some seriously dark, epic battle style music for when the Stygians charge through the portal and start owning Azeroth, and plenty more.

Right now, we need Shadow Elven background music, though i'm sure Rommel has some plans for other musics. The SE are quite dark and spidery, so they need some good evil music to go with that feeling.

Theres more info on the site and the forums, but feel free to ask any questions. This is a relatively big position, as we're gonna need a fair bit of music. But i figured i might as well give it a shot, and hell, some music is better than none!

Cheers

Pheonix-IV
HoS Datamodder and Odd-Job Worm.

img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/Pheonix-IV/WormSig.jpg[/img]
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 06:21:36 PM »

Aha! Good to see more projects posting requests.

I was wondering when Rommel was going to come looking for music.

I would just like to assert that this project is awesome, but I'll have to ask Rommel some questions first before it's given official approval.

But by all means, any interested composers should jump in.

And if you're lucky, you might be allowed a sneak preview of the closed beta.

Pheonix-IV
Approved Mod Maker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 07:13:53 PM »

Actually i came looking for it, i asked Rommel first tho Tongue

He's a great modeller\skinner, but he does tend to be a little single minded at times.

Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 07:26:13 PM »

Ah, righto then.

Any chance of flashing some of the publicity screenshots over here?

Pheonix-IV
Approved Mod Maker

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2005, 10:11:26 PM »

Certainly, clicky de linkies.

Elven Templar Maiden
In Game shot of the Shadow Elves
Closed Beta Campaign Screen
Another In-Game Skaweeny
A few SE units
Ebil looking Altar
From de Beta Test
Kill! Kill!
Army Pose
Night Elves getting owned
Night Elves getting really owned
The Deathlord Falls!

And this is just a small corner of the icing on the cake. There is TONS more stuff thats been done, but these should give you an idea of Rommels work and my not so small contribution.

Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2005, 01:52:05 AM »

Looks good!

Now to wait for an interested composer.

I'll contact Rommel and see if we can get this project approved status.

Funkmaister
Mod Composer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2005, 06:25:01 AM »

okay, I´m intrested Cheesy  This sounds really cool, and I want some practice in composing. Check here for some of my latest work:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=418613">Funkmaister music

Message me with spesifics if you are intrested... :wink:
Pheonix-IV
Approved Mod Maker

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2005, 06:34:53 PM »

Wow, great stuff there. :shock:  Nice and clean, good sound. I'll send you a PM for what we need at the moment.

Many, many Thanks Funk Cheesy

Just to let the rest of you know Funk's help is greatly appreciated, but more is better! We've got a fair bit of music we need composed and i wouldn't be surprised in Funk either runs out of time or whatever.

Cheers all Smiley

Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2005, 07:33:20 PM »

Quote from: "Funkmaister"
okay, I´m intrested Cheesy  This sounds really cool, and I want some practice in composing.

Awesome!

Keep us updated.

Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2005, 06:34:00 AM »

This may be a bit after the fact, but I just thought I should point out that this project now have official approval.

Just had some details and formalities to take care of first, but they're now out of the way.

Funkmaister
Mod Composer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2005, 03:22:56 AM »

Thought I'd just keep you updated; check out "Spider's Domain," "Badlands" and "Victory is mine!"

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=418613

Cool
Pheonix-IV
Approved Mod Maker

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2005, 04:37:48 AM »

I can see we need to get you FTP access.

Funkmaister
Mod Composer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2005, 05:26:34 AM »

What be FTP? :shock:
Pheonix-IV
Approved Mod Maker

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2005, 06:06:47 PM »

An online server you can upload\download files from. Very useful.

Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2005, 01:36:47 AM »

Let me know when you upload those music tracks to the FTP, so we can link directly to it, rather than going through a secondary page.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: