Music By Jason
June 24, 2019, 03:56:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fav John Williams score...  (Read 14338 times)
blank

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2005, 01:56:17 PM »

What is your favourite score by John Williams?

I do realize that its a close-to-impossible decition to make, but if I'm forced with a gun to pick just one, it would have to be Jurassic Park. Both the main theme and the "Journey To The Island"-theme are some of the best compositions I have ever heard...

Imagine being able to make that kind of music yourself! Beyond words, I tell you!
MostlyDifferent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 03:23:41 PM »

Jaws.

url=http://www.mostlydifferent.com]www.mostlydifferent.com[/url]
SnakeEyes
Mod Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 10:47:30 PM »

jaws

Hey MostlyDifferent... Jaws? That is not fair... its like answering ice cream as favorite dessert, everybody likes it!

Now seriously... JW I need to talk about... There are 2 songs of his that I can't take out of my mind, one is the Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (I think it is called the Knight Theme?) I love that song, it really evokes Knights Templar and such for me... And of course, the Raiders March.

Now on top of that, add some Imperial March and Battle of Fates? (gahh.. the song that is played when Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan are in full battle with Darth Maul).

I know those may not be his greatest pieces, but those are the ones I love.
Funkmaister
Mod Composer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 02:27:54 AM »

Wow, that's difficult. I'm listning to the Jarrasic park theme right now. It really is brilliant.
I think the hole soundtrack has got a really original atmophere. You can allmost hear the sound of dinosours in the sounds of the orchestra... I allso think his tension music is great aswell. Like when the raptors are in the kitchen, and the dementors in Harry Potter.
hollow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 02:42:49 AM »

Jurassic Park.

Hollow -
jerico

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 12:28:56 AM »

The Harry Potter theme really did it for me.
Goliath

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2005, 10:48:49 AM »

Quote from: "SnakeEyes"
Now on top of that, add some Imperial March and Battle of Fates? (gahh.. the song that is played when Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan are in full battle with Darth Maul).

I checked for ya, it's Duel of the Fates  Smiley

Star Wars is of course his most famous music (probably), and yes it is brilliant.  I loved Jurassic Park too. These two are really really close I'd say, for me  Tongue

rink up me 'earties yo-ho!
Thanatos

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2006, 04:03:47 PM »

Bucbeak's Flight, from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

I thought Battle of the Heroes from Star Wars episode 3 was good too.
Thanatos

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2006, 04:06:48 PM »

I think Secrets of the Castle and Forward to Time Past are brilliant too!  Sorry for the double post, I can't edit posts here  Sad
Sylvos

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2006, 05:59:50 PM »

My vote goes for 'Battle of the Heroes'  from StarWars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and 'The Raiders March' from Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Last Arch.
LasciateOgneSperanza
Mod Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2006, 11:31:00 AM »

"Anakin's Betrayal," from Revenge of the Sith, is one of the most beautiful, sad pieces of music I've heard.  I can't get enough of it.
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2009, 07:57:29 AM »

Not sure about soundtracks as a whole, too many to choose from. By Cadilac of the Sky from Empire of the Sun is absolutely gorgeous.

I've never seen the movie, but the track is extremely evocative.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: