Music By Jason
September 24, 2017, 09:47:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where Is WarCraft III: The Frozen Throne Cinematics Suite??  (Read 16229 times)
Sylvos

View Profile
« on: December 24, 2004, 08:35:22 AM »

Hi Jason!

Just a quick question about your part in Blizzard games, and their commercial availability, starting with WarCraft III: The Frozen Throne. I think a lot of us were expecting to hear your music for the cinematic cut-scenes to get included on the soundtrack, just like the one for Reign of Chaos but that turned out to be wishful thinking. Are they actually available somewhere, and if not could you perhaps tell us why?

How about your other assignments, like Diablo II and StarCraft?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 05:54:07 AM by Sylvos » Logged
Jason
Game and Film Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2004, 03:20:20 PM »

Hey Sylvos-

Thanks for asking about the cinematic music from the Frozen Throne, as well as the Starcraft and Diablo cut-scene music too!

Unfortunately, this music isn't available anywhere. Of course, I'd really like it if Blizzard would put together a stand-alone soundtrack of cinematic music- that would be sweet! But alas, no plans that I know of...

Part of the reason I'm so excited about this new album is that it will give me the opportunity to write the kind of dramatic music I love to work on for the cinematics, and actually release it on the website!
Simon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2004, 03:46:18 PM »

I totally agree, we NEED that cinematic music. Mabye if you ask Blizzard real nice? Smiley

Simon
Sylvos

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 04:42:33 AM »

That is disappointing to hear. Any ideas why they never made it to the album?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 05:56:05 AM by Sylvos » Logged
Jason
Game and Film Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 01:38:23 AM »

You know, I was never sure why the cinematic music didn't get put on the Frozen Throne EP...

Maybe when the EP was being finalized, the movies hadn't been finished yet. That wouldn't be too surprising, since the cinematics team likes to spend every last minute they can polishing the scenes. Sometimes, the fine-tuning they do to the picture causes timing changes that can necessitate re-working things to fit the new animation.

Or perhaps it was just an oversight on someone's part?
sandybrosto

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 03:40:21 AM »

As in WarCraft III: Reign of Chaos, the single-player campaign of The Frozen Throne puts players in command of each of the four races in turn. The add-on begins where the main game left off, with the Night Elves, then moves to the Humans, and ends with the Undead. The Orcs follow their own separate, stand-alone campaign, specially developed to make use of the expansion's new World Editor features.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: