Music By Jason
August 14, 2018, 12:41:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tournament 2006 *Approved*  (Read 13016 times)
King Klear
Approved Mod Maker

View Profile WWW
« on: December 31, 2005, 02:15:55 PM »

The year 2005 is nearly finished and that, among other things, means that I going to make another of my Tournament cinematics, Tournament 2006, that is.

Follow the link if you want to check them out.

I've been always using Warcraft music, but I thought it would be nice use something different. So, here it is.

The cinematic will follow the same scheme as those before, I will need some music for introduction, for the opening ceremonies and something during the interviews.

This time there will be more contestants (8 ) and more fights (7), but all the fights will be using the same music.

I'm still in the preparations phase, so I don't need the music anytime soon.
I'm not sure how fast I can put this together. Tournament 2003 took a month to make, Tournament took me 3 days.
In any case, there is no deadline this time (well, it must be finished until 2007 =)

I'll bring you more detalis and a list of tracks I'll need, as well as detail of how it should sound like, when the cinematic will begin to have some shape.

Edit: Technical note - this smilie -> Cool prevented me in writing 8 in brackets normaly. Maybe you should change it to something different than "8 )"

Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 02:20:04 PM »

This project has approval.

I am very familiar with all of King Klear's Tournament series, so I definitely know this will be a worthwhile project that will be seen through to completion.

King Klear
Approved Mod Maker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 02:26:10 PM »

That was fast. Thank you!
And BTW, Happy New Year everybody!

SnakeEyes
Mod Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 01:25:59 PM »

Still need a composer for this project?

By the way, is it possible to get the previous tournments movies in mpeg?
King Klear
Approved Mod Maker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 10:50:14 AM »

Sorry for leaving this topic dead for so long, especially since it's got an approval.

I've been unable to make any porgress during the summer holidays and after that, a cinematic contest started on Maps and Mods, in which I simply had to take part, since that's the place where I started.

As soon as I'm finished with it (the deadline is at the end of the month, but I ought to finish it sooner), I'll be free and obliged to finish this Tournament ASAP, or else it will come out in 2007. And I don't want that to happen.

So - to answer your questons - yes, and perhaps, if I manage to make the video capturing program work. I'll have a look into it and tell you how it went.

Edit:
Now that I think of it, I could use some custom music for the contest cinematic I spoke of. I can hear the deadline (November 30th) looming on the horizon, though, and I don't know if there will be enough time for that. I'll finish the last scenes tomorrow or the day after, then I'll just have to polish, so the timing shouldn't change.
If you're interested in this, please write me so. The cinamatic is (is supposed to be Wink a mysterious thriller about alcoholism and is quite short, few minutes.

SnakeEyes
Mod Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2006, 07:16:52 PM »

Too soon for me to work on the cinematic for Nov 30th, but I would definetely love to compose the music for your tournament series!
King Klear
Approved Mod Maker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 02:38:08 PM »

OK. At last my entry to the cinematic contest is finished and I can concentrate on Tournament 2006 again.

I'll try to record a video of the earlier Tournaments again.
I've tried before, but I encountered some problems with FRAPS, hopefully it will work this time.

RThe good thing about the Tournaments is, that they are sort of made like a television sport broadcast, and the music doesn't have to fit the actions exactly. I would like to have some music to play as an intro (when the "stadium" is first shown, the contestants come etc.), then some music repeated everytime before a duel begins and one for the duels themselves.
Once (if) I get the video to work, you'll be able to see what I have exactly in mind.

SnakeEyes
Mod Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 11:08:25 PM »

Ok that sounds cool! So 3 music in total right?

Can you send me something so I have an idea of what kind of sound to use? Videos from previous tournments, snapshots, anything helps.

Thanks,
Fernando
King Klear
Approved Mod Maker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2006, 08:20:12 AM »

Probably. Maybe something extra will turn out later.

I've at last got FRAPS to work, so I will be able to record all the Tournaments and post them on YouTube, or somewhere, soon. Maybe even today, but I've still got to wrap all the X-mas presents and such =)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: