Music By Jason
September 23, 2017, 01:42:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WarCraft: The Movie - Announced  (Read 11201 times)
LasciateOgneSperanza
Mod Composer

View Profile WWW
« on: May 11, 2006, 12:14:46 AM »

http://www.blizzard.com/press/060509.shtml

Wow.  I really cannot wait to see this.

Jason, if it's possible/legal to tell us, have you been approached by or attached to this cinematic venture?  Cheesy
Michael B.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 02:13:47 PM »

Hey, sorry for not posting for such a long time, but no worries, I still come here often.  Just don't have much time these days.

I was wondering the same thing.  I know you mentioned wanting to get into the film genre, and a warcraft movie would be exactly what you're looking for!  Since you don't work for blizzard, and neither does "legendary pictures", which is the company that will make the movie, will you have any part in the music of this movie?
Steven
Mod Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 03:41:26 PM »

Well I think everyone would certainly agree that Jason would be the guy for the job! =D

www.freewebs.com/filezupload
(see www.freewebs.com/filezupload3 for my latest work, for the Moonlight Path project)
jerico

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 12:30:47 AM »

Yeah, I agree, but I hope the poor guy doesn't get bumped out because it's a movie, and they higher someone with more experience in film music.  Then again I donít know Jasonís resume like Iím guessing some people here do.

If you want the job Jason, here's hoping you already know you got it, cheers dude.
Sylvos

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 06:52:23 PM »

Quote from: "Steven"
Well I think everyone would certainly agree that Jason would be the guy for the job! =D

We do, they don't. I mean, of course we all wanna see the maestro back to the franchise where he belongs but since he left Blizzard there's not much hope for that. But all is not lost. It'd be fantastic to see Jason on board for the movie. A Hayesish orchestral score to a WarCraft feature film... Maaaan that's sweeter than the sweetest sweets... mmm...  Tongue
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 08:07:59 AM »

Has anyone heard any rumours regarding the current or future status of this?

I've read that Blizzard are still wanting to do it, but they're looking for the right director and whatever else.

Apparently the idea would not be to rehash any of the existing games, but have something set in the WarCraft universe, maybe a year before World of WarCraft begins.

But I could have obsolete information.

Has anyone heard anything more recent?

Sylvos

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 02:13:14 PM »

That's pretty much everything that's known. There has also been an Uwe Boll blooper which, aside from being hilarious, was kind of assuring that the Blizz guys want to do it and that they want to do it RIGHT.

If that means the film is going to follow their games' traditions then I suppose we should consider it only as an annouced project and forget that there is actually a release date. i.e. it will be out when it's ready, like Blizzard puts it all the time!
sacrenouille

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 09:59:01 AM »

> i.e. it will be out when it's ready

Or be cancelled when they realised it won't be as good as they wanted, like they often do Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: