Music By Jason
January 18, 2020, 06:43:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A greeting from china  (Read 6414 times)
tjsxp

View Profile
« on: December 27, 2004, 07:04:20 AM »

Happy new year! I am a chinese student,I like your music very much.I am excited when I hear your works in wow,I found that in one part of your work in wow you use a melody which is similer with the theme of <final fantsy>,It is a short part.Do you like the music in<ff>?I also fond that your works in wow aren't last long each. I think it is too short as a back ground music ,say,the music in <ff11> usually lasi 2~3 minites, and   yours usually 1~2 ,what do you think about that?
   By the way ,in chinese there are many many students play the blizzard's games so I think more then 80,000,000people have listened your music ,so your music must  be famous in china! And if you seal your cds in china ,you will get a dream-like rasult.
Jason
Game and Film Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2004, 03:00:41 AM »

Hello there- It's great to hear from China!

I'm only familiar with a little of the Final Fantasy music, but what I've heard I think is fantastic! I'm looking forward to becoming more familiar with Nobuo Uematsu's music, and really hope I get a chance to meet him some day soon. He's obviously an excellent composer!

The length of the music segments in WoW was a subject that evolved a lot with the team during development- also the interval of silence was a much-discussed topic. We tried a lot of things internally, as well as in the beta with feedback from the testers. Eventually, we ended up with an implementation strategy that is very specific to the gameplay of an MMORPG, and seemed to work well for WoW in particular. Of course, a different type of game would likely have a completely different approach...

80,000,000??? Well, I think we definitely need to add China to the list of target markets! Haha Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: