Music By Jason
January 21, 2018, 10:37:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: StarCraft: The Last Stand *LasciateOgneSperanza*  (Read 36227 times)
Ermac

View Profile WWW
« on: June 28, 2006, 05:12:48 AM »

Hello everyone, i'm making a Mod for Starcraft, it will change:
Terrans into Infested Terrans;
Protoss into Renegade;
Zerg into Umojan Protectorate;

Here are the latest Screens containing the units i changed:

You can find additional info, and some older screenshots at here

Well, the mod isn't finished yet, but i really hope, we'll have a beta in this summer. Of course i can't promise you that 100%, but i can assure you that the mod will not be abbandoned, it can just take a bit more time to finish it.

Ok, what i need is a single soundtrack for each race, and maybe for the Meniu, but I would really appreciate if i get atleast one Smiley
Now the soundtracks should have a bit faster tempo than the original SC ones i think, maybe sth similar to Tiberian Sun for The Infested and The Renegade.. And for Umojan Protectorate maybe something a bit more sci-fi and futuristic.
And if someone would like to make something for the meniu, id like it to be  like the one I have now, something like Militaristic Marching or stuff, but i can't use that one because it's from another game (Metal Fatigue)  

Well for the renegade and/or infested something like this
And as i said something futuristic for umojans, maybe similar to Emperor: Battle for Dune Ordos theme..
Of course i don't want to get something exactly  the same, i just gave the examples so people can understand what i'd like them to lean towards.

Thanks in advance. Smiley

img]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/7813/ermacsketchsigvw5.jpg[/img]
LasciateOgneSperanza
Mod Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 08:11:40 PM »

Sounds like an interesting project, Ermac.  I might be able to help - stress MIGHT.  What kind of time frame you looking at?  When would they need to be done by?
Ermac

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 01:13:14 AM »

Thanks for a reply Smiley

Time: well you could do one 3-4 minute song, or 3 smaller like it is in SC but then they'd have to be similar in theme, so when played in a row, (randomly) they would sound nice.

When i need them done? Hmm..  Well i don't really have a strict release date, and since it's just a request, i'd be happy already If i get the song/s at all. Cheesy
So no hurry, after i release the beta, i'll still be updating it with tweaked Graphics, weapon/unit sounds so i could insert music too.

Ermac

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 04:53:55 AM »

Hey so isn't anyone else interested in doing me atleast one track? :/

LasciateOgneSperanza
Mod Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 12:30:53 PM »

UPDATE!

Title theme complete!

Was able to finish and send to Ermac.  However, guys, I don't know that I have time to take on three more compositions.  Can anyone help him out?
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 01:56:48 AM »

Hrm . . . I would have to say it is my least-favourite track of yours, Tom. Smiley

Not saying that it's bad . . . just that it's not my cup of tea. Wink

The electric/distorted guitars are a little too heavy for my liking, but they probably suit the theme of the mod. *nods sagely*

Still, I liked the background orchestral elements, although I felt that they didn't blend with the electronics as well as they could (maybe the timing was slightly out of sync between the two? Or maybe just my perception of it).

At any rate, it sounds better with repeated listenings. Smiley

I just can't wait for you to finish up the Troll War soundtrack, as that's more along my lines of worship. Cool

Markus
Approved Mod Maker

...the sun shall never shine again...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 04:08:44 AM »

Great work on the SC theme !

Reminds me of Bill Brown's musical and electric approach
aplenty Wink .

Also the guitar sounds in the end sequence brings back
memories of Unreal 2 by Jeremy Soule.

I liked the heavy and marching tone of the song, quite
fitting for a Scifi-module indeed. It's aggressive and it's
strong in atmosphere.

Good to see you working eagerly on all kind of music Smiley

"I am on my Path; on my Moonlight Path! Oh World, I'll dance on your Grave!"
Mail: weltanschlauung@gmail.com
MSN: icarasacht@hotmail.com
Business: Game modding & Development
Milldawg
Mod Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 11:14:27 AM »

Totally awesome as the first part of a track.  The aggressive main theme is reminiscent of the original SC Terran tracks, which rocked.  However, the Terran tracks also transitioned into developmental sections that were somewehat less aggressive, so if what you posted is just the main theme of a longer song, then it would probably be a good idea to follow it with a secondary more lyrical theme and then return triumphantly to the main theme.

EDIT: Worst swear filter ever.

Melda: What swear filter? Wink

b]Horatio Caine:[/b] The killer just made his second mistake.
Yelena Salas: What was his first?
Horatio Caine: Murder.
LasciateOgneSperanza
Mod Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2006, 09:15:29 AM »

Whoa, thanks all!

Markus: Very much appreciated, man - Bill Brown and Jeremy Soule are two of my very favorite composers, and I'm so flattered you'd compare me to them!  (Ha ha - even though the comparison is mostly false - I CAN'T compare with those two!)

Melda: ... Sad  Ouch, sir... sorry if this isn't your cup of tea... I just thought I'd take a little break from the full orchestra for a while, dabble in a bit of "fun" music for a bit. *sigh*

Milldawg:  Heh, thanks bunches - this track is intended for use as the title theme, which plays when one opens Starcraft.  Just a little loop to go behind the menus.  If it were for in-game, of course it'd be longer, and evolve a bit more.  This is pretty straightforward.

Again, though, guys - Ermac could really use someone's help.  I'm not gonna have time to do anymore tracks - too many other projects going right now.  Anyone?  :?:
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2006, 09:59:27 AM »

You can't please everyone all of the time. Tongue

I didn't say it was poor quality, just that I didn't personally like it. Wink

I eagerly await more music. =)

Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2006, 01:16:09 AM »

By the way, my previous comments are now invalidated.

After repeated listenings, this track has most definitely grown on me. Cheesy

Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2006, 11:41:41 AM »

Two questions:

1) Is this project still up and running?

2) Are there any composers interested in taking up from where Lasc's excellent intro track left off?

Ermac

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2006, 02:03:38 PM »

I got another composer to do me a few tracks, but they are still not all done..
The project is not dead, but not too good, since i lack time :/

Anyway, you can lock the topic, it's obviuos people here have a big preferance for WarCraft rather than SC..

Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2006, 07:12:25 PM »

Even if people do prefer WarCraft over StarCraft, I'd still like to keep this thread open --- you never know when someone is going to express interest in your project. Smiley

Also, this thread will also serve as feedback for any music that is written, as long as you post it here.

":)

Mathazzar
Mod Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2007, 09:50:35 PM »

Hey,

If you still need some help with this, I can do it for you. I am a HUGE fan of Starcraft and I'd love to try my hand at some music for it. Especially if you don't need too many tracks, I'd be more than happy to do this for you.

Let me know Smiley

The knowledge that you exist is a burden upon my soul..."
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: