Music By Jason
September 24, 2017, 09:53:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (English) Lyrics  (Read 18038 times)
Kirel

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2004, 10:23:25 PM »

Hi Jason!

I'm a huge fan of your work. I've listened to the WCIII and WoW soundtracks more times than I can count, and I've hooked several non-gamers on it as well.
I was just wondering if it's possible to get the lyrics to the choral pieces. They already sound great, but I think it would be cool to actually know what they're singing.  :wink:
In any case, keep up the great work; I can't wait to hear your upcoming original collection.
Sylvos

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2004, 12:41:30 AM »

Yeah, I agree with Kirel. I do know the lyrics to 'A Call To Arms' by heart now! So it would be great to know the lyric for WoW intro movie as well eh? I personally don't care if those latin stuff are grammatically wrong or things like that. It is the words that hits me hard!  Cheesy
Jason
Game and Film Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 10:46:50 AM »

Thanks for asking about the lyrics! In the cinematics there is a big variety in the kind of language used. In addition to grammatically-challenged Latin, there has also been Italian, French, Naga-inspired chanting, and even the Demon language! (which was used at the end of WarIIIX as Arthas sits atop the Frozen Throne)

A direct english translation is impossible for some of these, because sometimes it's just a collection of images. This is explained in a little more detail in this post:

http://musicbyjason.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25

Perhaps I can post some of the actual lyrics sung for some of the newer cinematics, but I might need to get permission from Blizzard first...
Sylvos

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 12:39:15 PM »

Whoa! WHOA! Gosh this song is a international festival! Italian and french and Naga and Demons and WOW! Cheesy

Very very impressive! I thought that it is all sung in latin. Man you just keep playing with languages in a very brilliant way! Congratulations! Congratulazioni! Félicitations! Edun Toredas! Go Go Go! Ooops this one was not supposed to be here. Sorry! ...LOL!!!

Bloody hell! You need to get premissons for posting a lyric here as well?! Whoa! Is it that tough to live in Blizzard?! Heh heh heh... Never head of copyright stuffs that tough!
Jason
Game and Film Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 11:17:58 PM »

Thanks Sylvos, but don't be too impressed!

The WoW Intro, in particular, is mostly quite illogical and/or incorrect use of Latin-esque text. There's also a section of language that is completely made up- what I imagine Night Elves might speak when being aggressive Smiley

Of course, I've also used text in meaningful ways on some of the cinematics, and that's where the other languages I mentioned are featured.
Sylvos

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2005, 11:48:08 PM »

Okay, okay! I'll try to hold my impression's leash from now on! lol
Kirel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2005, 01:43:10 AM »

I just got hooked on the last furious vocal section of "Seasons of War" (which I think is also the WoW Intro Cinematic background.) It's the 2:20-2:36 mark. Is that what you mean by angry Night Elf language Jason?  :wink: The way the female voices join in and enhance the male singers sends chills down my spine every time I hear it. Excellent work!  Cheesy
Sylvos

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2005, 01:58:05 AM »

I believe that's brilliant idea. Having the female choirs joined the song which relates to the anger of the Night-elves... I never thought of it with that point of view. But can't be so sure unless Jason puts the O.K stamp on it!
Acolyte

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2005, 05:48:36 AM »

I love the music in WoW. My most loved ones are from StormWind.
I've got to say that I'm not a temperamental person, but it makes me want to cry each time I listed to those tracks.....
I also like music by Red Delicious from HOMM4 and some other tracks from that game.
Talent. So glad you had a chance to show true yourself, Jason.

Thank you.

Do we need us?"
ostone

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2006, 07:50:45 PM »

I'm somewhat interested in translations, but really I'm much more interested in the words which the choir actually sang (hopefully what was on the score Smiley)

I spend a lot of time at work listening to music, and as a result of headphones which don't clip on the the Warcraft III OST (It's actually a great soundtrack for checking speaker quality... those opening horn/whale sounds clip on a lot of speakers) I've been listening to it much more.  After having listened to it many times, the Cinema Suite is now my favorite track and I'm dying to know the lyrics right around 1:55 into the song... it evokes such emotion for me.

Then there's the WoW soundtrack which is one of my three favorite game soundtracks (NWN, WoW, and KotOR)... my favorite tracks in that are the Stormwind tracks, again because the choral parts are so evocative.

his could be your ad... think hard, have you lost an ad recently?
Steven
Mod Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2006, 09:12:16 AM »

Definitely, I think the cinematic suite is one of my all-time favourite pieces of music. There's a ludicrous amount of good stuff in there, and it serves as a constant source of inspiration for me whenever I'm writing music of that kind of style. I think the part starting at around 7 minutes into the piece (from Hellscream's death scene) is very possibly the most beautiful thing I've ever heard! And the fact it comes back later, but with a hopeful turn in it near the end is great as well. I cannot deny that I would also be very interested to see exactly what the lyrics are, out of curiosity. I'm also waiting, and hoping, for the cinematic soundtrack from the Frozen Throne to come out. I *need* to complete the cinematic collection!

www.freewebs.com/filezupload
(see www.freewebs.com/filezupload3 for my latest work, for the Moonlight Path project)
jeanlery13

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2010, 12:28:40 AM »

I love the WOW soundtrack as well. The remix version is really nice to listen to. The choral sings so beautifully. Very moving.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 10:35:05 AM by jeanlery13 » Logged

Eddie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2010, 09:32:03 AM »

awesome thread necro  Smiley

Zavisza

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2010, 01:09:02 PM »

Hi Jason!  Cheesy I love Your cinematic music.  Wink
Can you make lyrics available to us from your Warcraft 3 & WoW Cinematics Music?
I worked with my dictionary of the Latin and with your Cinematic Suite (Eternity's End).

Results (Eternity's End):

Cerno
Tuus
Trames
Suus
Trames
Sum
Fatum
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 01:28:49 PM by Zavisza » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: