Music By Jason
February 24, 2018, 01:46:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Having trouble Getting my MIDI setup to work! help?  (Read 3393 times)
Jcompose

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2006, 10:59:04 AM »

I am new to these boards. I absolutely adore Jason's World of Warcraft work. It is amazing!

Sorry for the quick post, I am not able to introduce myself at this time. Once I get my website up and a few songs posted, I will provide a better introduction.

Now on to my problem. I have a YPT-300 Yamaha Keyboard And I bot an M-Audio USB Uno interface. I just wanted it to control my sounds on my computer. I am running on windows XP. The problem is, when using a notator  such as Finale or Sibelius, I can input like normal, but Every once in a while I will get a random low pitch. If I was to input middle C, there is a large chance that It would put the C but then another random really low pitch (10-15 ledger lines below the staff) would come up to. no Idea what is going on there.

As far as a DAW is concerned, the same problem happens where I will get a random low note. The difference is, in the notator, the low note doesn't have a pitch assigned so It's just a note, no sound. In the DAW, with my sounds, a pitch comes out and it is really halting my ability to use the keyboard to compose anything. Another problem happens as well, more in my DAW than in the notator, I would press a chord or a few notes and when I release on the keyboard, one or two of the notes stick. I would press again, say middle C but instead of release when I release the key, It holds out. In order to stop it I have to press the key down again and release. I hope you can help!

P.S. Something else that happens, and I have no idea if this is fixable, probably a USB thing, Whenever I press a key, it delays to come out of my speakers, or I would guess go through to the computer. like a split second later, the sound would come out.

Thanks I hope you can help. I can't wait to get my site up for you guys. Will let you know.

-Jcompose

lt;Live for the music>
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: