Music By Jason
November 17, 2017, 04:48:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is everyone?  (Read 35356 times)
Avaronald
Mod Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2007, 05:07:42 AM »

Quote from: "Markus"

....and all the Jeremy Soule fans - by the way, now that we are
vigorously speaking of music here Grin - , his new OST for Guild Wars:
Eye of the North is released on www.directsong.com !!!
A jewel that one too.
As soon as I get meself some coins, I am to buy that one just like
everyone else from that site Wink

I'm eagerly waiting for the new GW to be released so I can listen to the awesome music in it (and of course, play it too  Cheesy )

It's sad that the forum is deserted. I've had troubles with composing nearly a year, and now that I've got over them there is no mods or anything to which compose to. Dark had his project, but I haven't heard of him since February... Sad  :cry:

sacrenouille

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2007, 05:10:09 AM »

You just as well compose for the fun of it. That's what I do.

Steven
Mod Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2007, 06:31:12 AM »

Well, at least some people still seem to be here =)
It seems difficult to actually get to work for projects though, considering almost all the modders have apparently vanished; I'm very glad Markus is still around. xD

www.freewebs.com/filezupload
(see www.freewebs.com/filezupload3 for my latest work, for the Moonlight Path project)
sacrenouille

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2007, 06:57:22 AM »

But any reason for that weird "people vanish" ?

Sylvos

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2007, 12:42:33 AM »

I don't know but I'm sure this place will get its visitors back once a Jason Hayes project comes to the mainstream. Frankly there's not much to talk about Jason's past projects at this point and Jason himself doesn't seem to have a time for us to contribute to the board. We need another JH killer project and then this board won't have a second to rest.
Markus
Approved Mod Maker

...the sun shall never shine again...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2007, 08:06:58 AM »

Yeah, haha, it seems I am the only one who is actually making any of
the mods that got started here Grin . Well, I will never quit, so I will be around
for a long while, yet Wink .

Well, I think Jason will return among us when he can tell something to
us about the NCsoft's gameproject he's working on with. I am sure there
will be some killer info and hopefully samples too !

But then again, even as we are few in here at the moment, from us can
be seen who are the true Jason fans out here Wink . So let's keep up the good
talk and topics and the forums at least somewhat vivid, brethren!

"I am on my Path; on my Moonlight Path! Oh World, I'll dance on your Grave!"
Mail: weltanschlauung@gmail.com
MSN: icarasacht@hotmail.com
Business: Game modding & Development
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2009, 07:44:07 AM »

Hello,

The stagnation of these forums is partly my fault. When I signed on as moderator for Jason's site, part of my job description was to nurture and develop the Music for Mods programme, as well as foster discussion.

That fell apart somewhat when I largely moved on from the modding community at the start of 2006. I finished uni at the end of 2005, and all the mods I was working on ended up dying, and I started fulltime work (not musical, unfortunately). I also took on other side projects (unpaid, and not musical, and not relating to mods) so I didn't really have time to do much other than keeping the spambots away.

Since I stopped maintaining the Music for Mods programme, and largely lost my connections in the online modding community, that seems to have killed one section of the website. Unfortunately the most creative one. Although I know that the almost complete stand-still of activity on the forum isn't solely my fault, I still feel somewhat responsible and bad for it.

I'm still working fulltime, but I've managed to cut loose some of my time-consuming side projects, so if anyone in this community is still around and hasn't completely abandoned all hope, I'd like to try and make up for my previous absence and get some musical discussion going again.

It might be too little too late, but I'm willing to give it a try if there's anyone still out there interested in breathing life into the community.

I'm sorry I let you all down, and I hope to try and make amends if anyone is still out there.

Give me a yell if you're still around, and we'll see if we can reinvigorate this place. Smiley

Jason
Game and Film Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2009, 10:08:10 PM »

Melda,

You are such a great guy and moderator, and I'm not going to let you take responsibility for the stagnation on the forums. It's really my fault. I got so busy as audio director at Carbine Studios / NCsoft Orange County, in early production on a HUGE online game, and I didn't have any info to share because it's all so darn secret in the game industry. That, and having to put my personal album project on indefinite hold made me a little embarrassed to show my face around these parts Smiley

I'm touched that some of you have stuck around through thick and thin, and I want to let you know that I greatly, greatly appreciate it! It means the world to me. And I'm going to stick around too- even when I can't talk in detail about my game project or other top secret things, I still want to reconnect with everyone here and just touch base on whatever's going on.

So thanks to everyone here, and please accept my sincere apologies for the long absence.

Melda, thank you for inspiring me to keep the forums Smiley

Markus
Approved Mod Maker

...the sun shall never shine again...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2009, 10:18:20 PM »

Hey hey hey, if it isn't Jason!

Glad to see you back here, even if it was a brief visit!!

Melda sent me a private message about the things going (and not going on) in here and asked how I fared and all.
I thought that we could try to revive the forums with some new twists and mutually make it interactive again.
At least we hope to get this done, lest this be a dead graveyard again ;(

If not else, I will start to re-update my module thread here and show that at least someone here is still doing something Grin

- Markus

"I am on my Path; on my Moonlight Path! Oh World, I'll dance on your Grave!"
Mail: weltanschlauung@gmail.com
MSN: icarasacht@hotmail.com
Business: Game modding & Development
Eddie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2009, 10:41:52 PM »

Yay! Thanks for coming back Jason!  This forum is awesome and I am glad to see new life being breathed back into it!

Sylvos

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2009, 02:49:36 AM »

Welcome back maestro!  Grin
Yes, Melda's been doing a fantastic job as a mod. He's just being to hard on himself.  Tongue
AltaSilvaPuer

The Town Fool

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2009, 12:42:21 PM »

*GASP!* HE DOES EXIST!  Wink

Glad to see you are still around, Jason.  I can't wait until you're able to start releasing snippets from your projects.
Hope all is going well!

-asp

"Inspiration may be a form of super-consciousness,
or perhaps of subconsciousness—I wouldn't know.
But I am sure it is the antithesis of self-consciousness."
- Aaron Copland
Tom Servo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2009, 03:45:44 PM »

Whew ... my login still worked!  It has been a while for me as well ... but talking to Melda and Jason and it sounds like we are excited about getting more involved and taking on more active rolls in this awesome community Jason has on his site.  Count me in and I'll work on doing my part to help this community however I can!

- Tom Servo

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." -Aldous Huxley
---------------------------
www.jeffkurtenacker.com
Eddie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2009, 04:12:51 PM »

Whew ... my login still worked!  It has been a while for me as well ... but talking to Melda and Jason and it sounds like we are excited about getting more involved and taking on more active rolls in this awesome community Jason has on his site.  Count me in and I'll work on doing my part to help this community however I can!

- Tom Servo

Hey Jeff!  I used to talk to you on myspace, but I guess you deleted it!  Good to see you again Smiley

Tom Servo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2009, 04:15:34 PM »

EDDIE!! Nice, man! Yeah, myspace got out of control ... that place is insane.  I'm on Facebook if you want to join up there, otherwise we can connect here too.  Good to see you on here.  Hope to hear more of your stuff soon.

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." -Aldous Huxley
---------------------------
www.jeffkurtenacker.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: