Music By Jason
November 17, 2017, 04:44:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New or Prospective Forum Members  (Read 6635 times)
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2007, 07:07:21 AM »

Hello there. "Smiley

For the last half a year or so Jason's forum was being overrun with spambots registering and posting spam everywhere, which was a pain to try and clean up. As a way around this, we changed to all new registrations requiring approval. While this kept the ruffians out, it also meant that there were significant delays in approving LEGITIMATE registrations.

I am pleased to announce that this is no longer an issue with Jason's upgrading of the forum. New members still require approval for the time being (we might revise this if the filters hold up well enough against the spambots), but there will not be as significant delays in processing new members who wish to post to the board.

So if you're reading this and have tried unsuccessfully join the forum, please try again.

I apologise for any inconvenience our anti-spam measures may have caused in the past. But the fact that this is only the past is now a very good thing.

"Smiley

Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 07:35:41 AM »

A year and a half on, and we're starting to have issues with spambot registrations again.

We are currently working on a more permanent solution to this (although, personally, I think keeping them to nil for over a year was achievement enough), but in the meantime if you notice any strange registrations or weird posts, please just ignore them until I get around to nuking them.

I know the forums aren't really as active as they used to be (I'm partly to blame, since I haven't had time to post in the last year or two), but I just thought I'd put this out there for anyone who still visits and might be wondering what the current infestation was all about.

Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 10:07:22 PM »

Any prospective members of the forum will have noticed that automatic registration has been disabled.

We have disabled this due to the sheer volume of clever spambots that register accounts with the site.

If you wish to join the forum please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: