Music By Jason
February 15, 2019, 09:47:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orchestral Preference  (Read 17742 times)
Farkle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2008, 12:18:02 PM »

All music is awesome, if it's from the creative soul! Smiley  Then, it's just a matter of developing your craft. Smiley

I haven't listened to your clips yet, I'll do that this weekend. I'm slammed right now with a couple of clients; arrgh. Smiley

I'm finishing up teaching a class on Logic and MIDI programming here in Philly, and I can tell you... school sucks. And I'm the *teacher*! Smiley

My poor students are super talented, and they're stuck doing these entry level gigs because they don't know where to go to meet filmmakers and game developers. We spend 1/3 of each class going to forums, showing them where the industry events are, etc. It's really sad, that few (if any) schools teach how you make a career out of this...

Whew! Okay, rant done. And, I support Dan's statement 100%... there is *so* much good work out there, and *so* many good clients, that we don't have to be piranhas. Support, share, be giving, and the universe/God/Fate will take care of you. Smiley

Mike

Mike Worth
Epic and Dramatic Music for Video Games
www.mikeworthmusic.com
Manhattan Producer's Alliance Member
AudioGANG Member
IASIG Member
Farkle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2008, 09:33:54 AM »

Hi, guys!

Just FYI, I talked briefly about that MIDI mapping thing I was telling Max about on my blog.  Here's the link....

http://www.mikeworthmusic.com/blog/?p=6

I just started it a week ago, but if you're interested, subscribe to it! I'll be talking about video game music, the technical and creative aspects of writing game music, and I'm setting up podcast interviews with game composers.

Thanks!

Mike

Mike Worth
Epic and Dramatic Music for Video Games
www.mikeworthmusic.com
Manhattan Producer's Alliance Member
AudioGANG Member
IASIG Member
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: