Music By Jason
January 21, 2018, 10:40:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wrath of the Lich King Intro music  (Read 37870 times)
MaxLeonhart

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2008, 01:28:54 PM »

Hey guys!

I just watched the intro movie for World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King. And although I'm a Lineage II fan, I really like those Blizzard vids. But that's not why I started this topic. I've always liked cinematic music for Blizzard vids (Cinematic Suite from Warcraft 3 is my favourite) and I REALLY need the music for this intro movie... If you have any idea where to find it or if you could post it here (I know it's kind of illegal Smiley ) I'd be really eternally grateful.

Please respond and help me find the music. I won't rest until it's in my PC Smiley

Max

Music is the only art that does not merely copy ideas, but actually embodies the will itself.

Arthur Schopenhauer
Sylvos

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 02:29:02 PM »

I just checked that video form Blizzard's website. Those Blizzard dudes always fail to disappoint with this stuff but what really got my attention is the use of "The Frozen Throne Outro" music, starting 0:42! Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

That thing could be released on a soundtrack CD later on when the game hits stores but before that this video is our only source for this tune, I guess.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 02:33:48 PM by Sylvos » Logged
MaxLeonhart

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 04:08:49 PM »

0:42 - that's exactly the moment I'm talking about... I saw the trailer about 10 times now and can't get my eyes (and ears) of it... it's so great... Seems that I'll just have to wait for official OST release... By the way, it seems that the part we are talking about is some kind of "Arthas theme", don't you think? Smiley or at least "Frozen Arthas Theme" Cheesy

Music is the only art that does not merely copy ideas, but actually embodies the will itself.

Arthur Schopenhauer
Sylvos

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 10:35:37 PM »

I think it's some kind of theme for the new Lich King because in WarCraft III: The Frozen Throne, we have different and separate themes for Arthas and Ner'Zu but then when the two become one in the outro cinematic cut-scene of the game, this cute new theme is heard for the first time.

Man, Jason's tunes still stand out after all these years!
Sylvos

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 08:02:52 AM »

Looks like a lot of people got hooked by WotLK's cinematic trailer and its music. And they all mention this portion with Jason's music!
Can't believe the same tune's been sitting out there, unnoticed, for five years now.  Undecided

Kudos to Blizzard composers for bringing this little gem up for the entire community to admire!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 12:27:13 AM by Sylvos » Logged
Minathill

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 06:51:54 PM »

http://www.nealacree.com/

Neal Acree's hompeage, who have made musics for Blizzard's cinematic trailers since the Burning Crusade.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 06:54:53 PM by Minathill » Logged
Sylvos

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 12:23:14 AM »

Good find my man.
It looks like Neal has The Burning Crusade intro music on his website but it seems it only has his share of the music and that he has left Jason's theme for Illidan, which opens this cue, out (for obvious reasons).

I wish Jason would post some of his music for Blizzard up, not just those that's been available on Blizzard's website for as long as I can remember...  Undecided
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 12:36:48 AM by Sylvos » Logged
Steven
Mod Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 07:36:05 PM »

Ah, it is indeed the theme from TTF outro. I'm really glad they've used that - it was one of my favourite pieces of music from Jason Hayes (though they still never released the original! Grr...)

www.freewebs.com/filezupload
(see www.freewebs.com/filezupload3 for my latest work, for the Moonlight Path project)
Sylvos

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 11:18:29 AM »

though they still never released the original! Grr...

Yep. let's hope they release this one, at least!
MaxLeonhart

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 05:53:18 AM »

Well, it is a nice tradition that Warcraft OSTs include music from trailers (at least, the Warcraft 3 OST included the cinematic suite and the soundtrack for WoW did have the intro music), so I hope that when WOW:WotLK OST comes out, we will be all satisfied...  Cool

Arthur Schopenhauer
Steven
Mod Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2008, 11:19:17 AM »

Yeah, I'm positive they will at least release this. Which will be good. But I just wish they'd release the Frozen Throne stuff as well - Jason's cinematic music is honestly some of the most beautiful, perfect music I have ever heard. It's a shame to know that I have to miss out on some of it, for completely unknown reasons.

(see www.freewebs.com/filezupload3 for my latest work, for the Moonlight Path project)
MaxLeonhart

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2008, 03:15:08 PM »

Amen to that... I mean, Blizzard always makes gorgeous vids, but what really puts them over the top is the music... I only recently realised, that there are many nice videos - but the only ones I keep watching over and over are the Blizz ones ... That makes me realize, that music can really make a difference between a good and a bad trailer / cinematic cutscene

Arthur Schopenhauer
Steven
Mod Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2008, 02:16:19 PM »

I've watched this video a few times now (downloaded the full size/quality version). I really do like it - I mean, I fell in love with the ending to the Frozen Throne, and this is like a continuation of that. The graphics are so amazing...it's wonderful how satisfying and awe-inspiring it is just to see Arthas walking about in the snow lol.
I do wonder though, if there's some way to ask Blizzard/remind them that they haven't released the TFT cinematic soundtrack...they really need to.

Sylvos

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2008, 12:05:08 PM »

meh, I asked Blizzard guys several times about it but they never really gave me a straight-to-the-point response. It's always like, thank you for your interest in our music, we'll investigate, blah blah blah. I doubt we'd ever get the chance to hear them anywhere beyond TFT's videos... unless Jason would post them on his website as promotional music like a lot of composers (including Neal Acree, composers of WoW expansions intro videos) do. I asked Jason about it in fact, but he didn't reply back so I assume it's a "no".
MaxLeonhart

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2008, 12:18:09 PM »

I hope it's not a no... maybe he's just bussy...   Wink

Arthur Schopenhauer
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: