Music By Jason
December 05, 2019, 05:29:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MIDI to PC connection  (Read 5894 times)
Mymloch

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2005, 09:31:14 AM »

I have a Casio CTK-571 MIDI keyboard which I connected to my Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS card with a MIDI cable.

I can't get my PC to recognize the keyboard in any software program, and the Creative Literature isn't being too friendly in "dumbing it down".  Lots of talk about what MIDI is and how it works, but not so much on how to connect it and make it work.

I am trying to get it work in Sibelius 2, if that matters at all.  

I've turned the keyboard's Local On to Off, and cycled through the 16 differnt channels and still nothing.  I can't see where the Soundblaster options are for MIDI input.
SnakeEyes
Mod Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 01:21:40 PM »

The PC is not going to recognize your keyboard. Your keyboard MIDI OUT should be connected to your SB Card (I assume thats what you have right now).

So in Sibelius, I assume there is some configuration page where you can configure your MIDI Devices. Somewhere there, you have to check (MIDI IN-> Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS MIDI IO)

So your configuration will be like this:

+-------------+ -|MIDI OUT....................MIDI IN|- +--------------+
|.Keyboard..|----------------------------------------->|SoundBlater |

So when you select your MIDI INPUT Device as the Soundblaster, you should be able to play in your keyboard and have Sibelius playing back in MIDI what you are playing...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: