Music By Jason
December 05, 2019, 05:32:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New composition by me, suggestions?  (Read 57528 times)
NightShader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2005, 07:59:33 PM »

Hm... this kinda starts to have nothing to do with Jason Hayes actually... but anyway...

Finished a new song... for a mainmenu in a game...

http://www.liquidgamestudios.com/music/AJ_Menu.mp3

And an Ingame level song
http://www.liquidgamestudios.com/music/AJ_Level1.mp3

Suggestions?

iquid GameStudios (www.liquidgamestudios.com)
Pascal van Stekelenburg
NightShader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2005, 03:22:40 PM »

Music sheets of SadMood downloadable here.

http://www.liquidgamestudios.com/music/SadMood.pdf

Pascal van Stekelenburg
Alex

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2005, 01:22:59 PM »

I'm no composer, but the first song is nicely arranged and a pleasure to listen to.  

I'll listen to the 2nd song and give my impressions, for all they are worth anyways.

Edit: The second song is also a nice piece.  After listening to the first song again, I want to again tell you that it is a very nicely arranged piece and that you have quite a nice bit of talent.

Edit: Took out the choral support, the piece is fine without it.
hollow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2005, 06:36:50 AM »

i realy like the menu.mp3 song!
Smiley
gj!

Hollow -
flibuste

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2005, 02:23:52 PM »

Adam: you rock! You opened a hearty discussion and finally we all end up agreeing in the end.

Nightshader: hold on! Inspiration comes and go. Works in music as much as in programming. But you've figured it all out already I'm sure.

Hope you all continue in your endeavour and keep the courage to do it. Those tasks we do take a lot of everything out of us. It's good to have and provide support!
ShyWolf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2005, 02:40:57 PM »

Beautiful songs Nightshader...as a poet I think U should relax coz inspiration will come to you...if not nature will help you soon :-)
keep the amazing work !
Sylvos

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2005, 04:53:37 AM »

I couldn't agree any more ShyWolf!  Smiley
Daelin
Approved Mod Maker

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2005, 11:50:47 PM »

Aww man... The links are broken. Did you take them off the site? I wish I could've listen to these as well. By now I listened to two of your themes and they were really cool. I would want to listen to some other stuff by you.

~Daelin
NightShader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2005, 03:49:56 AM »

Just found out about it myself, going to fix those links right away.
You can listen some songs at my website aswell. www.liquidgamestudios.com maybe the links work there...

Edit:
Ok, all links on this tread are fixed now. Enjoy. Smiley

Pascal van Stekelenburg
Daelin
Approved Mod Maker

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2005, 07:33:01 AM »

Action1: I like the melody itself, and the instruments. Very nice! It reminds me of Final Fantasy battle themes but in a nicer way. Superb!

Menu: Really fits a menu, but would go as an heroic theme as well. Very nice! I really love this one! The instruments, the way you composed it, everything! Professional!

Ambient: It was not supposed to be really a melodic theme, atleast not the whole. I didn't really like the beginning (a little dull) but when I heard how it continued, I realized that it is really good. Nice! Would fit as a tension theme! I don't like it as much as the other themes, but it is still very good.

The Crime: Hmm, I have something with piano. I like the way you composed it, not fanstastic wow wow but cool. It's not that it isn't very good, it's just that I've lately had something with stuff sang only at the piano.

Dancing Ghosts: More interesting piano theme. I don't really like some things about interpretation! It sounded me as if you hit the tabs, in a... hmm, let's say harsh way. Being more gentle even for such themes would be nice. The way you interpreted it makes it sound heavy. Just an advice... Wink And you could use some crescendos in some places, I cannot really tell without a score. And also, some pianos would be nice. Not only forte! Sorry if I mispelled the overtones (OMG... I don't know all these musical terms in english). So sorry about that!

Symphony of Voices: The drums and rhytm doesn't really fit the atmosphere, and still, it is very original.  just don't get how you guys make these voices! Nice harmonies.

Wandering Girl: Interesting. I cannot really say that the style attracted me but it is interesting nevertheless and well made!

In a Sad Mood: Awsome! Harmonies are great! Just incredible! I like the interpretation this time. Gentle and you can feel the sad mood. That's what a good interpretation is about! My piano teacher used to drive me crazy with this, telling me that when I'm playing something dramatic, I should feel like that, I just didn't feel like being dramatic in those moments. But when I had a piano exam for example, I always put my feelings into the melody. But back to the sound, one of your best!

Imperial Guards: Once again, Warcraft atmosphere. I like it! Dramatic but heroic. Really impredictable! I don't have anything else to say, the song tells everything!

Dude, you are incredible. You either have musical studies, or you have an amazing talent! I am impressed! If there would've been a reason for me to remain in the domain of music, it would've been so that I could be able to compose something like this.

~Daelin
NightShader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2005, 10:30:51 AM »

I started playing the piano at an age of 5 years old.
I've done a music college at an age of 13 years old. (and graduated after 3 years.)
Currently I do composing class for films and games.

And thanks for the feedback. Smiley

Pascal van Stekelenburg
Anonymous
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2005, 09:35:26 AM »

Hey man, some of the stuff is pretty cool.

Might I suggest you use a string patch with a tighter release, or at least edit it so they sound a bit more crisp...

Are you programming your own drums or using samples? They impressed me the most!  Cool
NightShader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2005, 10:47:13 AM »

Depends which song you mean about the drums.

Sometimes I use drumloops, and sometimes loops+patches, and sometimes it's just a drumpatch Smiley.

Example:
"Murder" has loops+drumpatch
"BE-Ambient1" has only loops
"Hunted" has only drumpatch

Pascal van Stekelenburg
Daelin
Approved Mod Maker

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2005, 12:11:16 AM »

Oooh, I was wondering about another thing... :roll: What program do you use to compose this music? I'm curious because I don't know any programs capable of composing music. Sorry for being offtopic...

~Daelin
NightShader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2005, 04:02:18 AM »

I use GigaStudio3 and Reason as samplers, and Sonar4 to write the music.

Pascal van Stekelenburg
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: