Music By Jason
November 17, 2017, 04:57:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Samples and software  (Read 10316 times)
Eddie

View Profile WWW
« on: April 05, 2009, 04:03:06 PM »

So, I am a newb, but I am wondering if it has been listed anywhere the samples that Jason used for his WoW music.  Was it Eastwest symphonic choirs?  I am also curious about the percussion and orchestra samples, as well as the sequencers.  This must have been asked before, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 01:35:46 AM »

You mean apart from the live performances, right? Wink

Heh heh.

That's a pretty good question, actually, and I'm not sure if I've seen it answered yet.

Anyone?

Steven
Mod Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 05:50:11 AM »

I'm sure I remember seeing a post by Jason on that subject ages ago...I think he mentioned Vienna Symphonic Library, and also Voices of the Apocalypse in the choir sections when it's not live choir. I noticed he used Symphony of Voices in some of the WoW music as well - such as the boy's choir Agnus Dei sample in the graveyard music.

www.freewebs.com/filezupload
(see www.freewebs.com/filezupload3 for my latest work, for the Moonlight Path project)
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 05:59:10 AM »

Actually, yeah, you're absolutely right.

Sylvos posted an interview with Jason where he discussed this.

Thank you for the reminder; I wouldn't have remembered it. Smiley

Eddie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 06:01:09 AM »

Actually, yeah, you're absolutely right.

Sylvos posted an interview with Jason where he discussed this.

Thank you for the reminder; I wouldn't have remembered it. Smiley

Ah that is awesome!  thanks!

Eddie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 06:04:06 AM »

I die a little inside each time i find out a composer i like is using a Mac Sad

Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 06:08:20 AM »

* Melda laughs

Hahahaha!

They're not that bad to work with.

Personally, I'd never choose to use one, but apart from being a bit clunky and unintuitive (one mouse button? Really?), they're not terrible creations. Tongue

Sylvos

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 01:58:35 PM »

A lot of composers use different sample libraries and their own recordings to make one of their own. It's not always possible to get the exact thing from the market, I think.
sacrenouille

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 10:08:09 AM »

I guess composers don't use Mac just because of "using a Mac", but mostly because Logic only exists on Mac and is quite a damn good software to use for composing.

Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2009, 05:17:07 AM »

These are good points. I haven't used Logic myself, personally, but I've only ever heard good things about it.

Apple, though, can go jump in a fire with their anti-competitive mindset. What's that, this software is for both Mac and PCs? Well, let's acquire the IP for it and make it for only our machines!

Tongue

sacrenouille

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 05:08:53 AM »

Well I must say that there has been a huge leap between the latest logic and its previous revision, and Apple really did a good thing to make logic have a macintosh feel, it's far more easy to manipulate (allthough some part as the environment were left almost untouched and still look complex and unfriendly compared to the new design and lay out).

I have tested logic and even though it's got a lot of appeal, I still stick with pro tools, even more with its recent 8 version which has also covered many enhancements regarding midi editing and global layout/ergonomy.

Anyway, it's not having the "best" tool, but doing your best with the tool you have.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: