Music By Jason
September 22, 2017, 03:57:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: cataclysm soundtrack  (Read 21596 times)
Piekartz

Professional

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2009, 03:45:33 PM »

Where is it?  Undecided Cry

I WANNA HEAR IT! Cry
Piekartz

Professional

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 11:48:14 AM »

So.. Nobody has gotten it yet? I tought it was finished because it was sort of implemented in the trailer and the WotLK soundtrack was released almost right after they launched the first trailer. Perhaps anyone can pull the music out of that trailer? Smiley
sacrenouille

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 02:30:24 AM »

WotLK music was published not long after the Wotlk intro movie was shown for the first time, not the wotlk trailer. That's a big difference:)

MaxLeonhart

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 01:44:53 PM »

agree with sacrenouille... I searched for the WotLK trailer music for a long time, but only got it after the GAME launched... but it was worth the wait... Smiley

Music is the only art that does not merely copy ideas, but actually embodies the will itself.

Arthur Schopenhauer
Piekartz

Professional

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 02:28:41 PM »

So i still need to wait more then a year.  Undecided

Isn't there a way to extract the music from the released trailer?
MaxLeonhart

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 02:10:38 PM »

write an email to Blizzard and ask nicely? Smiley

Music is the only art that does not merely copy ideas, but actually embodies the will itself.

Arthur Schopenhauer
Asvarduil

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 04:31:04 PM »

You can also buy the collector's edition of WoW: Cataclysm.  I know with Wrath they included the OST as a bonus with it.

Smiley
Piekartz

Professional

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 02:16:31 PM »

Yes but you will recieve it when the game comes out.  Tongue
Sylvos

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 05:52:30 AM »

Given what Russel Brower has come up with for StarCraft II and Wrath of the Lich King title screens alone, I'm sure this one's gonna kick ass big time as well. I can't wait for another 7-minute suite of pure awesomeness!
sacrenouille

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 07:43:40 AM »

WotLK cinematic intro (and I guess SCII as well) was composed by Neal Acree, not Russell.

I am not a big fan of Russell's compositions. I missed the sense of cadence of Jason. If you listen well, the best part of the Wotlk soundtrack are bits of themes composed by Jason originally. Even the Wotlk cinematic intro theme was composed by Jason for the Frozen Throne ending cinematic.

Sylvos

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 08:18:03 AM »

WotLK cinematic intro (and I guess SCII as well) was composed by Neal Acree, not Russell.

Oh yes, I was referring to the title screen music, not the cinematic cut-scenes. Sorry for the misleading post!

If you listen well, the best part of the Wotlk soundtrack are bits of themes composed by Jason originally. Even the Wotlk cinematic intro theme was composed by Jason for the Frozen Throne ending cinematic.

That's exactly why I like the stuff. He uses Jason's tunes and puts them in the hands of a mighty orchestra. That's something I would have loved Jason to do but I think at the time it wasn't feasible to do so, and now, well, he's no longer with Blizzard. Shame.
sacrenouille

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 08:37:22 AM »

Well, for cataclysm, I guess that's what we all expect. The Azeroth "old" world will be revamped and redesigned, so we expect the old music to be refreshed as well. Same themes, new sound. And GOOD sound Smiley

Sylvos

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 09:34:42 AM »

mmm. I'm not sure if getting "revamped and redesigned" means there is much hope for the return of the old in-game themes to be honest. They're heading towards a territory for which there hasn't been any contributions by Jason, I guess. I mean, I'm not a geek when it comes for lores and stuff but that dragon fella hasn't been featured in any WarCraft games since WC2: Beyond the Dark Portal. Should be interesting to see what they come up with nevertheless. Like I said, I'm all up for another 7-minute bombastic orchestral/choral title screen music! That's all I care about when it comes for World of WarCraft anyway!
sacrenouille

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2010, 09:59:56 AM »

Sure for Deathwing's theme, but for old zone that are all being redesigned, I'm looking forward old theme being refreshed reorchestrated. The barrens wouldn't be the barrens with the kalimdor theme (heard in the intro of "a call to arms"), same thing for the main city themes, ashenvale, etc. Of course these new piece of music will have to reflect the world's changes as well (ashenvale being partly destroyed, it won't be as eerie and magical as before, for instance)

Sylvos

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2010, 05:19:41 AM »

but for old zone that are all being redesigned, I'm looking forward old theme being refreshed reorchestrated.

mmm, that sounds very interesting. Really curious if anything happens to Duskwood during this process, both physically and musically. Ooooh, that creepy, Diablo-like zone. Jason's music there was SO effective.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: