Music By Jason
September 24, 2017, 09:54:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: cataclysm soundtrack  (Read 21631 times)
sacrenouille

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2010, 05:44:45 AM »

I've not been so much near Duskwood as I was playing Horde Wink

Sylvos

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2010, 07:41:07 AM »

No Duskwood raids? I remember my old (5-years old!!) Paladin got his @$$ kicked so many times in that very zone by you Horde folks! haha ah good times, good times... well... in *some* perspective at least! Tongue

Anyway, back to our main topic!
sacrenouille

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2010, 06:50:53 AM »

Have you noticed by the way how bad the cataclysm trailer backtrack is ? It doesn't sound any epic, sounds more like a draft of some kind without any ambition. I hope they come up with a real main theme and some thrilling soundtrack by the time the extension comes out Smiley

Sylvos

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2010, 11:59:15 AM »

I agree. It sounds more like an expermental piece. (A rather expensive experimental piece that is.) But I admit I actually like that chaotic sounding chorus from the Blizzard logo bit. THAT is Cataclysm!

I don't suppose they'd want to give away all the goods with just a demonstration video though; and given that StarCraft II (which had been in development for years) still doesn't have all the musical pieces for each faction at its Beta stage, I'd say everything we hear here is incomplete and may indeed be experimental (again, a rather expensive experiment!). I mean, I remember back when the original World of WarCraft was still under development, two *cinematic* trailers were emerged, both with different music, none of which made it to the final game in any form. Of course, unlike for those two, I really hope THIS time the current music has nothing to do with what they're cooking for Cataclysm, musically! Tongue

Anyway, having learned that Chris Metzen is the voice behind many of my favorite characters in Blizzard universes (such as Thrall in this video), I actually pay more attention to THAT than I normally would nowadays. In some sense I'd say the quality of voice acting in all Blizzard games had somewhat deteriorated since the arrival of World of WarCraft but still they're distinctively better than many of the games out there, and Chris Metzen sure still delivers. I actually think it is his voice acting that saved this video.
sacrenouille

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2010, 12:11:01 PM »

I played Wow in french, so with french voices, and I like them. The casting is great. Tauren male are voiced by the same french actor who voiced Morpheus in Matrix, humans are voice by the french comedian who voice Duncan McLeod in Highlander TV show, etc. Very good voice actors.

Sylvos

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2010, 12:35:34 PM »

Interesting. I'd welcome the same idea in English for Cataclysm if feasible even though I'm sure one may argue that there is not that much voice acting involved in World of WarCraft as a whole anyway so why invest on that? (And Deathwing doesn't exactly need a voice actor, but rather a sound designer!)
sandybrosto

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2010, 04:02:40 AM »

Wrath of the Lich King's soundtracks were magnificent in my opinion, and I wonder how they will approach the music this time the music from the trailer sounded great! It is very classic. I would like to hear new scores for all the Old-changed zones, more fresh and atmospheric to the zone's new state but still may have some root elements from the old tune/melody of 'said' zone.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: