Music By Jason
November 17, 2017, 04:57:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chance of a Score?  (Read 5927 times)
LongEarMage

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2009, 11:18:10 PM »

I know that Blizzard technically owns the music to World of Warcraft, but I was just curious as to what the odds of them compiling the scores into some sort of purchasable item(s) in the Blizzard Store. Judging by the forum posts I've read, here and elsewhere, I think that they would be able to make some pretty good money off of the concept, and those of us who love the music could look at it and enjoy it all the time.

If the answer can't be found here, perhaps I could be pointed in the direction of the proper channels to propose this to Blizzard.

Just a random thought at 1:15 in the morning (at least here).

LEM
dannthr

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 04:27:51 AM »

Do you mean in written form?

LongEarMage

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 06:22:58 AM »

Yup
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 09:40:41 AM »

I don't think it's very likely, mostly because they won't see any real financial motivation for spending the time and effort on making them presentable and sellable. I doubt they see there as being enough of a paying audience for this sort of thing.

Don't despair, though: I didn't think they would ever sell the soundtracks from their games for commercial consumption, but I've been proven wrong. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong in relation to the above idea, too.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: