Music By Jason
August 20, 2018, 10:01:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling All Dawns  (Read 6937 times)
MaxLeonhart

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2009, 09:45:01 AM »

Hi guys! I'm sorry this might sound like a commercial, but don't let that fool you Smiley I recently pre-ordered a CD by Christopher Tin (the creator of Civilization IV's Baba Yetu) and yesterday I got a link for the digital download of the CD. And I haven't stopped listening to that CD since. So I just wanted to post a quick message about this great disc... There are music samples on www.christophertin.com, so check them out. I'm telling you, it's a great CD and well worth the money!

once again, sorry for the commercial-ish post... I just though that this CD should be heard by as many people as possible Wink

Max

Music is the only art that does not merely copy ideas, but actually embodies the will itself.

Arthur Schopenhauer
Eddie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 05:39:16 PM »

some very nice music!  im not sure about this paying for it nonsense though...

AltaSilvaPuer

The Town Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 06:09:55 AM »

Why wouldn't you pay for it?  This is someone's passion and hard work, and for that they deserve credit and compensation, in my opinion.

Nice find, Max!  Love it!  I think I may have to put my other music purchases on hold for a bit and look into this first.  Curse a music student budget!  Wink

-asp

"Inspiration may be a form of super-consciousness,
or perhaps of subconsciousness—I wouldn't know.
But I am sure it is the antithesis of self-consciousness."
- Aaron Copland
MaxLeonhart

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 12:22:28 PM »

Eddie -> I used to do the same thing. I love film and game music, but I couldn't afford to buy CDs... but now, I have some extra money, so I bought OST for Empire:Total War couple of months back and Calling All Dawns now. And I can honestly tell you, that IT'S DIFFERENT! The music that you actually pay for is somehow different, you'll learn to appreciate it more. Right now, I'm looking into iTunes to buy some other OSTs that I like (like Warhawk, for example)...

ASP -> I sure know what you mean. I'm saving money for a PS3, but I couldn't resist buying this CD. It's absolutely phenomenal. And I also agree about buying the music - If I become a composer one day, I'd really like people to actually buy my music Smiley

Music is the only art that does not merely copy ideas, but actually embodies the will itself.

Arthur Schopenhauer
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: