Music By Jason
October 23, 2018, 06:17:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Now For Something Slightly More Different  (Read 8632 times)
Asvarduil

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2009, 07:21:10 PM »

I've been playing with the comments/critiques I was given in the "B Section" thread.  I've been working on thinking of my music in layers a little bit more.  So, now I've got a new song:

Astral Malady

This is the boss music for part of the game - namely, the Astral Plane.  I've set the song up similar to how Nobuo Uematsu's Black Mages are set up:

Code:
           Bass     Perc.   Synth2
  Synth1   Gtr2     Gtr1

I'm looking (once again) for C&C.  I think I've done a much stronger job this time.  Not so sure about my melody line, but the project is a) free and b) as yet still unfinished, as my artist is going slower than a glacier.  And I doubt global warming could speed him up.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 07:24:59 PM by Asvarduil » Logged
MaxLeonhart

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 02:13:51 AM »

This track reminded me of Uematsu's work (I'd say FF VIII). It's really nice to see how much you can do with relatively simple setup. The connection between the end and the begining is nice; the track doesn't get boring, since new ideas keep flowing in... Really, great job! Get yourself a band and record  live, that could be really interesting Smiley

Music is the only art that does not merely copy ideas, but actually embodies the will itself.

Arthur Schopenhauer
Asvarduil

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 02:26:24 PM »

I've been trying to get "back to the basics" - sure, using Jason Hayes' techniques would be awesome, but I've gotten so hung up on harmonization and the mathematics of the music I've been ignoring the musicality of the music.  Uematsu's work is really musical, so I'm kind of retracing my steps, but with the benefit of the disciplines I have to enrich what I've written.

That, and power chords only exist in rock music. Wink
dannthr

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 07:44:48 PM »

Powerchords:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWsbptwk5_o

Asvarduil

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 07:59:47 PM »

Well phrased, sir! Cheesy Wink
Asvarduil

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 08:32:26 PM »

Another double-post, but for a good purpose.  I've been working on a new song:

Hamlet Among the Wildflowers

This is my generic village/town tune.  The only thing I'm not happy with is that my acoustic guitar samples in my soundfont are unusually crappy.  But, C&C is always welcome!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: