Music By Jason
January 21, 2018, 04:56:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Games sites  (Read 7699 times)
melinacorbett5@gmail.com

View Profile WWW
« on: October 20, 2009, 08:02:48 AM »

Hi i am Melina Corbett. I like games specially action games. I want to know how composer made the sound of games?

Eddie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 09:52:02 AM »

its a secret.

MaxLeonhart

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 10:33:02 AM »

Not that I have any first hand experience, but it is quite rare that composer make "sound" for the game... Usually, they just do music. And the music process is basically very similar to composing for a movie... You get the cutscenes and compose. You get visual reference material (screenshots, videos) and compose. <optional> You go to a recording studio and record... <end of optional> Audio engineers take the recordings and put your work into the game...

That's it :-D But I guess there are people around here that could tell you more on this topic...

Music is the only art that does not merely copy ideas, but actually embodies the will itself.

Arthur Schopenhauer
Asvarduil

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 02:18:55 PM »

It's magic. Cheesy

Actually, it's just the normal process of making music.  Music in a game is a powerful force; music defines the emotion associated with a scene.  Check out the Composer's Workshop subforum there if you want some ideas about how music of any type is made.
dannthr

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 04:21:07 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOsVNPMOYoo&feature=channel

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: