Music By Jason
May 26, 2020, 02:17:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FFX2  (Read 10529 times)
Anonymous
« on: December 23, 2004, 12:40:32 AM »

Does anybody else love this game as much as me?

Come on, kids, lets hear it. What other music are y'all listening to?

I am obsessed with the Boyz 2 Men - esque '1000 Words' from FFX2.

This is a fantastic achievement in pop/game crossover music. It would be interesting to find out if the song was written on a side note, and then chosen for the soundtrack. The way they incorporate the video into the game is so moving...but then again, I really liked the story line to FFX and FFX2. Some people gave it grief because of the girly motifs, but the game was incredible fun and addicting, with a fantastic battle system...

NO, it's NOT MATERIA, but its fun nevertheless.

Incredible music.
Lavarinth

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2004, 03:26:55 PM »

Great game, although I've stopped playing for this time as acquiring 100% is very frustrating, haha. And I wont lie, the first tune the Yuna sings (I forget the real person that sung it) is quite catchy. I still find FF7 music to be the most memorable though, and FF8's orchestra track.

- Jason "Lavarinth" Truxal
Administrator of SAVAGE (Star Alliance Voice Acting Guild)
http://savage.samods.org
SirCaledor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2005, 03:18:19 AM »

Final Fantasy scores are sort of a mixed bag for me. On one hand they have beautiful and memorable themes and interesting battle music. On the other hand, the quality of the music may still be compared with midi-music. I'm really disappointed that Square spends millions of dollars on a project like Final Fantasy X with the music being so low budget!  :?
Anonymous
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2005, 01:07:15 PM »

What games DON'T use MIDI production for the in-game sequences? Very RARELY do you EVER hear anything that is not MIDI outside of cut-scenes, Blizzard's stuff included. It may just be that they have crappy producers, but MIDI stuff is entirely convincing in many respects and its only getting better.

I'm sure most of you would agree with me.

I am asked quite frequently who the musicians are on my recordings. I don't use live musicians! When I do, it's for a solo inst., or guitar, vocal, etc. For the most part, I think the music in X-2 is incredibly polished.

Plus, there is a certain unspoken charm that MIDI production lends to a game, that lives in that world. We associate MIDI sound to the game industry, so the two go hand in hand. Sometimes I have mixed feelings about going totally live in the game world. It just wouldn't feel the same to me!

Maybe this shows my age.

Perhaps it's a sick nostalgia.

MIDI rules.

Word.
Anonymous
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2005, 01:08:51 PM »

The 'Crappy Producers' comment was directed to Square. I think Jason does a smashing job in his MIDI production work. Some of the best out there.

Props, Jason.

Mad, mad props.

Peace.

:mrgreen:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: