Music By Jason
November 19, 2017, 11:54:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unannounced Carbine Studios Project  (Read 8508 times)
Sylvos

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2010, 04:28:30 AM »

Carbine Studios is a software development company, founded in 2005 as a division of NCsoft North America by former members of Blizzard Entertainment's World of WarCraft core development team, including our very own Jason Hayes, as the audio director. These guys have since been working on an unannounced MMO title.

Little is known about this project, although early artworks released by the studio seem to suggest we can be expecting a high-quality, cutting-edge, and conceptually innovative fantasy game, which, at the same time, means awesome music is a sure bet too!

This thread is dedicated to this project. Let's see what we've got so far...

Concept Music (Click on the links to listen)
=================================
The Awakening
An orchestral arrangement that captures the dawning of a hero's journey, the exhilarating mystery of the unknown, and the promise of epic adventure.

Highland Vista NEW!
An inspiring arrangement describing a region of our world with majestic mountain views atop the tallest snow-capped peaks.
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 04:32:56 AM »

I can't wait until I get a decent Internet connection again (hopefully later this week) so I can check this out.

I've been wondering when we'd hear something about what they were doing. Smiley

Sylvos

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 04:46:53 AM »

Oh, you're in for a real treat Melda!

If this is where Carbine is heading to, at least musically, then I'd say Blizzard is already getting behind big time in this category!

It's great to hear Jason's works played by an actual orchestra. Can't wait to hear more!
Eddie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 02:40:59 PM »

Definitely has a WoW feel.  Jason is far better than the current Blizzard music guys at setting the mood for a certain zone in an MMO.  There is probably no one better on the planet.  I just hope Carbine can make a game worthy of the music.

sacrenouille

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 12:21:08 PM »

This piece Highland Vista was once referenced as "Haven" or "Watchtower". Jason has a wonderful sense of harmonic cadence.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 06:52:01 AM by sacrenouille » Logged

Sylvos

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 12:25:06 PM »

I just hope Carbine can make a game worthy of the music.

Indeed. And it doesn't happen very often that one makes a statement in this order and not the other way around.
Musical inspirations such as this can't come from something dull though, and the artworks they posted on their website is impressive to say the least. I keep my hopes high for this product in its entirety.
Enish

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 05:11:29 PM »

That music sample is awesome. I look forward to the game, but will probably get the game's music track/cd if it is made available separately as I did with WoW.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: