Music By Jason
November 19, 2017, 11:54:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Music from cinematics  (Read 9392 times)
Isenhart

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2010, 02:14:37 PM »

Does anyone know where can I find the music from the cinematic cutscenes of warcraft 3 and TFT? When I heard the music from WotLK trailer I noticed it was the same piece that was used for W3's outro (It's epic). Where can I find those songs?
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 02:53:17 PM »

The cinematic music by Jason from WarCraft III: Reign of Chaos is included as a single track on the accompanying soundtrack CD that came with the special edition versions of the game.

To my knowledge, the cinematic music from WarCraft III: The Frozen Throne has not been legally released on CD. And unfortunately you can't just crack open the WarCraft III World Editor and extract the music, since it's mixed into the movie files of the game.

It's possible the music has been performed by the Video Games Live, or some other orchestral performance of game music, but I'll have to defer to other people who know more about this.

Isenhart

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 07:23:39 PM »

Will Blizzard release that music? Because I haven't heard anything about it, and it's been quite some time...
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 07:00:30 AM »

I have no idea.

It may already have been released as part of the Video Games Live series of concerts, I'm not sure.

Isenhart

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 07:41:34 PM »

It is not inside the Echoes of War collection, I would like to hear the original piece. Is there a chance Jason can ask Blizzard to let him put his music in the site? I hope he reads this..
Steven
Mod Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 09:45:00 AM »

Yea, I've been wanting to get ahold of that music for years but there's been no word on it. I *did* make my own recreation of the intro and outro from The Frozen Throne, attempting to stay as close to the original sound as possible. The tracks I made can be found here: http://www.freewebs.com/stevenarrangements/
Unfortunately that's the closest thing to the actual tracks around. Still, I'd love for Blizzard to release the originals.

www.freewebs.com/filezupload
(see www.freewebs.com/filezupload3 for my latest work, for the Moonlight Path project)
dannthr

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 07:07:34 PM »

Are you guys talking about the 14-15 minute Warcraft III Cinematics Suite?

Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 07:11:25 AM »

The cinematic suite is music from Reign of Chaos. The cinematics music for The Frozen Throne was for some reason never released. I'm guessing it was either an oversight, or they wanted to wait until the last possible minute to finish tweaking the cinematics (and their accompanying music), which meant it was left off the soundtrack disc.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: