Music By Jason
October 23, 2018, 06:09:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Using EWQLSO Gold in FL Studio... How the hell does it work???  (Read 14154 times)
xholdxfastx

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2010, 09:01:01 PM »

I have been using Fl Studio for quite some time and I am fairly familiar with how the program works. I have been using Guitar rig and Addictive Drums to compose for a while, but I decided to go for more of a classical feel with my new material. I bought/downloaded EWQLSO Gold a few weeks ago and have been messing around with it, but I seem to have caught a snag. When I open up the SO program within the sequencer, I can select the instruments and/or multis I want to use, but only the instrument in the first channel slot will work, and when I go to compose within the piano roll, only the instrument in that first channel will make sound. Do I have to open up multiple instances of the program inside the sequencer in order to get the multiple instruments? Or is there some way to export each instrument to a separate sequencer channel? If I have to open up a new instance of the program for each separate instrument I want to compose with, I fear its going to eat away at my CPU and physical memory. I will admit I dont have much experience with MIDI, I usually just record straight through a mic or something like that. Am I just a MIDI noob and my issue isnt with the programs at all?
MaxLeonhart

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 04:38:47 AM »

Ok, I had a very similar problem when I started composing (I am too working in FL Studio, which BTW is not the best thing to do)
Anyway, as you probably know, you can paint notes in different colours in the piano roll - that is the trick. Every colour has a different MIDI channel assigned. If you paint with the default colour, you'll compose for the first instrument you have loaded. The next colour paints for MIDI channel 2 and so on. But, since  the colours are very similar, I'd advise opening a new instance of the program for every instrument. The instances itself don't eat away at your CPU power. The loaded instruments do, so it doesn't really matter if you have 8 instruments in one instance of the program or 8 instances with one instruments in each.
Hope this helps you Smiley

Music is the only art that does not merely copy ideas, but actually embodies the will itself.

Arthur Schopenhauer
Eddie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 11:24:27 PM »

I recently came across an ultra light weight DAW that you can try for free for as long as you want and it only costs 60 bucks if you decide to buy.  It is supposed to work great with PLAY.

http://www.reaper.fm/index.php

I think it is a great option if you have some EWQL stuff and you are stuck with fruity loops, at least for now. 

MaxLeonhart

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 01:59:35 AM »

REAPER is free to download and evaluate for 30 days. After 30 days,

You Must Purchase a License
(quote from the page you linked)

Still, it looks quite good, I think I'll give it a test run! nice catch

Music is the only art that does not merely copy ideas, but actually embodies the will itself.

Arthur Schopenhauer
Eddie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 09:02:56 AM »

yea i read that, too but people say you can keep evaluating for as long as you like.  you may just uninstall/reinstall.  part of the reason it is such a small and lightweight DAW is it has absolutely zero software protection stuff in it.  you can run it from a flash drive.  i think its like 28mb.  i really want to try it as well but i just have no samples!

MaxLeonhart

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 01:47:22 AM »

ah, well that's good to know Smiley anyway, I'm really curious, if this think will work with my MIDI controller and my soundcard and the instruments... that's the only reason I can't change FL Studio for SONAR, since SONAR has some kind of trouble with my soundcard... anyway, I'll try it out as soon as I get home from "vacation" Smiley I'll let you know how it works

Arthur Schopenhauer
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: