Music By Jason
April 20, 2018, 12:40:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cataclysm login screen music  (Read 9543 times)
Eddie

View Profile WWW
« on: August 13, 2010, 11:59:07 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-bVd9t2XA0

Hope the link stays up for a bit.  Pretty good.  A little jarring in the opening (which is what people will mostly hear thousands of times).  A lot of Jason's stuff is the foundation.  Hope he gets compensated..

Sylvos

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 04:04:45 PM »

Thanks for the heads up. Pretty good stuff indeed. And 12 minutes! For Menu Screen? Whoa.

Hope he gets compensated..

Doubt so. They weren't even bothered to give him credit in StarCraft 2 soundtrack booklet, even though they used several segments of his compositions.
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 04:11:14 AM »

Yeah, that's the drawback of writing game music; the company owns your work, not you.

gretfet66

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 01:36:48 AM »

yes! you are right.why you taking credit.Its company made. Grin

اغاني |صور |فيديو

Sylvos

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 02:59:46 PM »

To my surprise they have actually credited Jason this time for the opening suite, The Shattering. I guess this board has some visibility after all!

I asked a friend who is an avid WoW player to show me around some of the zones that have gotten a "face lift" in Cataclysm. It was an interesting experience since I stopped playing WoW shortly before they released the first expansion set, so there was so much to see and reminisce with. There, I couldn't help but notice that many of Jason's original compositions are still in place, albeit re-recorded with live instruments or slightly re-arranged. Good to see that these tones have stood the test of time.
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 07:32:54 AM »

I haven't got around to listening to the soundtrack for Cataclysm yet; I will however continue to never even think of installing such an electronic addiction as World of WarCraft, though, so I'll have to make do with the soundtrack only at some point. Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: