Music By Jason
January 21, 2020, 12:45:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Complete list of Jason's music in Blizzard Games  (Read 33218 times)
Herbatic

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2005, 08:35:50 AM »

Ok I'm really curious here, and I seem to know less about this than most people at the forum here, exactly how many songs has Jason made for Blizzard? What was the first game he worked in? Starcraft?

So I know the entire World of Warcraft OST is Jason's work, and the Warcraft III cinematics. And then ... some music from Starcraft, Broodwar, and Diablo II:LOD? The more details people can add, the happier I'll be  Cheesy .
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 10:32:23 AM »

Well, I am no authority on the subject, but I would like to hazard a guess:

Cinematics and in-game music (Protoss, I believe) for StarCraft and StarCraft: Brood War
Cinematics for Diablo II
Cinematics for Diablo II: Lord of Destruction
Cinematics for WarCraft III: Reign of Chaos
Cinematics for WarCraft III: The Frozen Throne
Cinematics and in-game music (I believe that Derek Duke, Glenn Stafford and Tracy Bush worked on this project, too, right?) for World of WarCraft

Anyway, that's my guess. Anyone want to correct me on anything?

Edit: Removed the first two entries, which I believe were wrong.

Sylvos

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 11:53:33 AM »

I thought I heard that Jason joined Blizzard Entertainment since StarCraft, Melda. Of course I'm not sure but I think the cinematic music of WarCraft II, both Tides of Darkness/Beyond the Dark Portal were composed by Glenn Stafford and as for Diablo, I think it all was Matt Uelmen.  Smiley
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 11:56:36 AM »

Glenn Stafford did do all of the music for WarCraft II: Tides of Darkness, but I was sure that I read in an interview somewhere that Jason had come in to work on the cinematics music for the Beyond the Dark Portal expansion. And with Diablo I . . . yeah, you're probably right. These two were the ones that I was least confident with. How's my list look after that?

Sylvos

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2005, 12:02:34 PM »

I see... Well I niether recall the cinematic music of WarCraft II games nor the first Diablo game, just the intro music of WarCraft II: Tides of Darkness since it was brought through WarCraft III someway so I'm not sure if it's Glenn or Jason.

Anyway, your list is cool & cool & cool man! I'm sure it couldn't be written any better. Congratulations!  :wink:
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2005, 12:06:03 PM »

I am pretty sure that you are right, with Glenn Stafford doing all of the music for both original and expanded WarCraft II, and with Matt Uelmen doing all of the music for Diablo. The only thing that made me think otherwise, was that I had a vague recollection of reading an interview which stated that Jason had written music for Beyond the Dark Portal, which made me think that he must have also done the small amount of cinematics in Diablo, as well, since it was after WarCraft II. But I think you are right in saying that StarCraft was Jason's first project with Blizzard.

Edit: Corrected my list by removing cinematics credits for Beyond the Dark Portal and Diablo.

Herbatic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2005, 05:37:20 PM »

Thanks Melda & Sylvos!

Now I can find an mpq extractor, and make a complete Jason Hayes playlist  Cheesy
Sylvos

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2005, 11:59:34 PM »

You're welcome Herbatic!

Well, Most of Jason's works for Blizzard were done thorugh the cinematic cut scences which can not be obtained unless you get them via the official soundtrack disc, so if you're looking forward to create a Jason Hayes playlist, the so-called MPQ Extractor can not help you so much.
Herbatic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2005, 02:12:22 AM »

Hmm I see your point...

I can at least get protoss in-game music with the mpq extractor. Also did I see somewhere that Jason did the D2:LoD music too?

I already have the WoW OST, and I also have every mp3 Blizzard have put up for free download that I know of (for Diablo II and Warcraft III).

So I'm missing... the cinematic music for Diablo II (original and expansion), and Warcraft III (original and expansion)? Is any of this music available without sfx over them? On an OST, for free download, or (last resort) somehow leaked?
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2005, 02:15:20 AM »

Jason did the cinematics for Diablo II, yes.

The Collector's Edition of WarCraft III: Reign of Chaos shipped with a copy of the soundtrack, and track eight is Cinematics Suite, which is a mash of a heap of the cinematics music written by Jason in one track.

Anonymous
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2005, 03:44:52 AM »

Heres a real clincher...

Can anyone name any games outside of Blizzard that Jason has worked on?

Smiley

I'll never answer this one. You'll have to ask the man himself.  :wink:
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2005, 03:49:47 AM »

I think I came across a list of this at one point . . . but I can't remember.  :?

I'll come back to this one. Cheesy

Hey, since you know Jason, you would have a much better idea than anyone . . . could you comment on my list? Right, wrong?

Anonymous
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2005, 03:52:30 AM »

Looks good to me, that's pretty close.

Why don't you ask around?  :wink:
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2005, 03:54:40 AM »

Ask whom?  Shocked

I get the impression that Jason is very busy.

Sylvos

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2005, 03:59:08 AM »

The only thing that I've ever heard from Jason's work before Blizzard was the word, Sierra Online. Never heard which title, when or where.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: