Music By Jason
December 05, 2019, 05:29:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Automatic registration has been disabled due to the prevalence of clever spambots. To register please email your preferred username to: david at melda dot com dot au

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How Did You Guys Find Jason's Website?  (Read 50018 times)
Anubis_Gm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2005, 03:29:37 AM »

mleh, i cant really remember to be honest, but something with being alot on Jason's guestbook i do remember Cheesy im sure he does too...

cheers m8

Anubis out..

hen the Clarion call is sounded
I will ride out and fight in the
Name of liege and lady,
whilst I draw breath the lands
bequeted unto me will remain
untainted by evil.
Honour is Everything
Chivalry is Everything.
kuni

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2005, 03:14:39 AM »

Through Google. Smiley  Oddly enough, I've searched for Jason's names many times before (ooh, that sounds vaguely stalker-ish), and somehow didn't find my way here until recently.  Don't know how that worked, but I'm happy to be lurking here now! Smiley
Strex

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2005, 03:45:04 AM »

Via Google. I was so desperate to know who wrote the Broodwar Intro music. The main reason was my curiousity about the Latin lyrics.

Unfortunately this question of mine has still not been answered  Sad
Maybe the new moderators can give us the answer! Smiley
By the way, Dear Adam, Melda and Tom Servo, do you know anything about the Latin lyrics of that great song? It would be pretty helpful, because it is quite impossible to find it anywhere!

Thanks in advance.
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2005, 04:18:25 AM »

Well, according to this thread, the lyrics are in French! Have a look.

Edit: This reminds me . . . although Jason is incredibly busy and often unable to answer questions all the time, I'm usually online, and should be able to help you out with any queries or problems you may have (I don't want to speak for the other moderators as far as answering questions are concerned, but they are here to help if you have any problems, also).

Strex

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2005, 07:53:31 AM »

Dear Melda,
Thanks for your willingness to help.

"Well, according to this thread, the lyrics are in French!"

Well, this is not quite true. The lyrics are both in Latin and French. The second part is in French, the first is in Latin. It starts with "Morituri te salutant..." Try listening to it! Smiley
Jason already told us the French part, but not the Latin, which would be much more interesting for me...
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2005, 07:59:46 AM »

Really? I'm sure I read that post correctly. Oh well, I must not have. To answer your question, then: I don't know.

We'll have to wait for Jason to.

Freakazoid
Approved Mod Maker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2005, 01:38:09 AM »

How did Jason find his site? LoL, kiddin

I was linked Tongue

urrent projects:
-Saga of Varimos-
Interlude- 44%
Map 1- 47%
Map-2 - 52%
----------------------------------------
-WCIII: WOW-
--Curently on HOLD--
----------------------------------------
Milldawg
Mod Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2005, 08:17:54 AM »

Melda told me about it Tongue

b]Horatio Caine:[/b] The killer just made his second mistake.
Yelena Salas: What was his first?
Horatio Caine: Murder.
Daelin
Approved Mod Maker

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2005, 01:11:41 AM »

A guy DeadDogNoGoodWoof told me about it. He saw an announcement on TheHubb which linked to this site, and in which it said that the site was supporting Warcraft 3 projects by helping with music. I was thrilled since it was something perfect for my project but I didn't really know that it was Jason Hayse's forum. I was impressed by it and now I like hanging around.

~Daelin
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2005, 09:17:28 AM »

Quote from: "Strex"
Dear Melda,
Thanks for your willingness to help.

"Well, according to this thread, the lyrics are in French!"

Well, this is not quite true. The lyrics are both in Latin and French. The second part is in French, the first is in Latin. It starts with "Morituri te salutant..." Try listening to it! Smiley
Jason already told us the French part, but not the Latin, which would be much more interesting for me...

Hey, I haven't had a chance to ask Jason about it, but I did find these credit notes by Blizzard.

Brood War Intro Music

Music By
Glenn Stafford
Jason Hayes

Latin Lyrics By
Tracy Bush

French Lyrics By
Jason Hayes
Tami Donner
Mme Donner

Which would seem to indicate that Tracy came up with the Latin text . . . by the way, does anyone know if Tracy is male or female? It's just one of those gender neutral names . . . I always thought it was a woman, but that's probably not the case.

Strex

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2005, 11:25:11 AM »

Thanks for your info Melda!
Right now I'm trying to search for Tracy Bush's website, but it's going to be pretty difficult, because google found 559 matches for him or her.
I don't know if direct linking is allowed here, but I think I've found a site...with probably not the "right" Tracy Bush on it.
Have a look: http://www.detroitcountrymusic.com/bands/tmandrl/
Pretty funny.
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2005, 06:30:51 PM »

You know, I'm not entirely certain that the other Blizzard composers actually have web sites. I could be entirely wrong, but I think they're more interested in focussing on getting their work done, and not about promoting themselves, because they exist within a company, so they don't need to worry about that sort of thing.

One of the reason Jason needs to is because he is an independent composer now, and needs to promote himself -- as opposed to just quietly doing his work . . . which probably wouldn't work in the context where you're your own boss/business.

And I have a feeling that Tracy may be male. I don't have anything to back that up, though.

Strex

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2005, 05:41:58 AM »

Hehe :lol: . Well, I'm not necessarily looking for a website, but an email address or something that would lead me to contact him. (Let's suppose you are right about his/her gender.)
Putting your email address on the Net is not that much of promoting yourself, I believe.
Melda
Mod Composer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2005, 08:43:59 AM »

Believe it or not, I found a film review by a certain Tracy Bush (the email address was a Blizzard one), however when I sent an email it bounced . . . so Blizzard may have tightened up their security.

Tom Servo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2005, 10:52:53 PM »

Hey guys ... Tracy Bush is a guy.  He no longer works at Blizzard though.  He was an insufferable Star Wars figures collector.  I said "was", but he probably still is.  Cheesy   He is now in a different area doing audio work for other people.  Smiley  I'm trying to be vague and informative at the same time.  I hope I succeeded.

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." -Aldous Huxley
---------------------------
www.jeffkurtenacker.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: